spewed some coolant and car hesitating

Hey guys,

Took a quick spin on the 401 today, and as I was getting off at Markham, I noticed a fluid spewing onto my hood. Great, right? So I limp the car home, but it looks like there was no fluid drop, so I’m assuming its a pinhole leak in a hose.

Also, though, what kind of confuses me is that the car was hesitating, and idles very as if its going to cut off. Sounds like its starving of fuel? and In the last two weeks, I’ve noticed that my fuel mileage has gone up quite a bit. i.e 250km a half tank to 175km a half tank.

I’m taking it to my mechanic, as I don’t have the time to work on it, but does any of this sounds related? Could they all be related to one issue?

Thanks for the input.
Renny

So this morning, I drive to the GO station (3 min away) and the temp indicator is in the HOT zone. So after work, I had my sister meet me at the GO with a 4L just of water. I tossed half of it in (which filled the rad) and drove to my mechanic (5 min away).

What do I see out my rearview mirror? White smoke. Argggggg crap. So my question is: Do you think its my head gasket? I have about 200,000 kms on my car, never driven TOO hard, water pump changed 2 months ago.

And how many hours is it to do the head gasket job on the KA24DE, approximately?

ps. if this doesnt work out, look forward to me parting out my 95 s14 :frowning:

Hey guys,

Well, my mechanic still has to run a compression test, etc, but I’m trying to be prepared. Approximately, how much would a replacement head gasket job cost? A really rough estimate, please.

The reason I ask, and you guys can help me decided, would it be easier to just buy a used ka24de and replace that? or should I stick with the head gasket. Cash is the main concern right now, as I’m saving for my wedding and a house.

Any input would be appreciated.
Renny