Splitting internet cable for a TV (TW)?

TW ran a cable line into my spare bedroom just for internet. If I split that line with a 2-way digital splitter (5mhz-1ghz) for a TV in that room, will it slow down my internet and/or have a bad TV signal?

I assume you have a subscription for both internet and TV?

Yeah internet, digital TV/DVR, etc. TVs are all in other rooms on different lines.

I’d just rather split the line myself if its not going to cause any problems, rather than deal with waiting for a TW guy to come out.

Just get a splitter and don’t try to roll your own cable and you’ll be fine.

Get a decent quality splitter and it should be fine. None of those .99 walmart specials. I had multiple splitters on my cable modem line with no issues in cable or internet performance. I was getting some static on one TV, but when I switched out the splitter for a better one it went away.

may need an amplifier

not in front of the modem tho.

Nice, I have a good digital splitter sitting around anyway.

Best setup is to have one two way splitter on the line coming into the house, one split goes directly to the modem and the other has a foot or so of cable into another splitter which branches out to all the TVs.

Each splitter will degrade quality.

Should be fine, as long as there is a proper signal there should be no notable speed drop.

If any problems with signal loss Brett let me know, I could get someone out there asap.