Comcast + extra tvs

My dad thinks that it’s illegal or something to use a splitter for cable. Right now he has 7 tvs hooked up and Comcast is coming out tomorrow to install a booster because he just got cable-internet. But he’s worried because they have to come into the house or something. So does anyone know for sure?

illegal you have to pay for each tv being used.

?

what? if the others aren’t using cable boxes then fuck it…

One of them has a box. It’s not like he has illegal cable boxes hooked up. All he has is standard cable channels 1-99 or whatever.

LOL, are you kidding me, of course that isn’t illegal

I have like 4 tvs hooked up in the house that way. comcast installed a splitter for like two of them and i just split off those lines. Its not like your tapping off the guys cable that lives next door or something.

i don’t think it’s illigal but who knows

its not illegal.

Pretty much every new house is wired with jacks in every room and splitters, then Comcast comes and hooks up the main line.

If he’s losing picture quality he might want to check some of the splitters. I had “contractor grade” splitters that sucked ass.

It’s not, they hooked up two of our tv’s for us.

very illegal… you better run

not illegal…

reason you can spilt is because digital cable is not a true digital signal.
a dish is a true digital signal therefore it can’t be split.

about 6-7yrs ago…a friend of mine had me me run cable for him & his firends through 3 row houses in oakland…pay for one house get 2 for free

now i think thats illegal.