(Spooolin) z32 brakes

spent the day in beautiful “Tavistock”? today lol with Spooolin (Jason). Got brand new brakes all around. Z32 upgrade on the front, factory rears, got a boost gauge installed, and somehow he accidently fixed my headlight motor. Excellent pricing and great guy thats very well spoken and knows his shit! he can do just about anything with a car. definatly worth the drive. i’v found my new mechanic!. thanks jason +1

heres some pics of the z32 brakes

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/khoolie/Dec29_0002.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/khoolie/Dec29_0003.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/khoolie/Dec29_0001.jpg

and yes they fit with factory 15" seven spoke!

Well thanks alot man. hope to see you at vindicate again. Im sure i will. Hope you like the Z32 brakes. we need to get the 17/16s 300zx master cylinder on there for ya next!..

+1 for Jason and Vindicate, bought a motor and coils from Jason and had Vindicate install both plus clean up an engine bay weld job that a previous shop did. Didn’t know where Tavistock was at first or heard of it for that matter but definately worth the trip. Good work coming out of Vindicate hes my new 240 mechanic.

Will be getting some major work done there in spring that will be documented so stayed tuned.

what products do you use to clean up the brake caliper?? i plan on disassembling mine and cleaning it up.

well the Ones I sell and Install Are New so there nice and clean. But a good old wire Brush or wire wheel works great. then finish it up with some brake pars cleaner and a rag.

what do you charge for that?

brand new calipers installed
im just curious

well It all depends if you have a 4 or 5 bolt lug hub. for the 5 bolt hubs where I dont have to Drill the rotors Is about $575 Installed and where I have to drill the rotors is about $600.

Remember. This Is all Brand new stuff. Lines. rotors and calipers. If you have Z32 calipers I can use as a core that are no good I can drop about $125 Off that price.

I can also get the 300ZX master cylinder for about 130 bucks. I can install this aslwell when the swaps are done.

I can also swap pads and or rotors to performance pads and drilled or slotted rotors for a aditional price.

ALSO. these are the Good calipers. ALUMINUM 32MM not the 26MM ones.

WOW! Aluminium 32mm?!!!

32mm Z32 calipers? you must have access to the only ones on the planet…

and aren’t those 26mm calipers that are installed on s13_coupe’s car? how bad can they be?

LOL I could be wrong all I meant was there the thicker of the 2 style rotors and calipers. I fogot what MM it actually was. Sorry for the misconception.

What I meant was 30mm Sorry guys.lol

those are 26mm i believe. i’ve never heard of 30mm fitting stock 7-spokes

i could be wrong

just to clarify, this price includes full z32 swap front AND rear? including all required parts?

Well they do… I did have to use some spacers… they are damn close… but they fit…

They ARE the 30mm thats for sure… next time i have a set in front of me I will post some pics.

Also this is just for the front. I cant get brand new rear backing plates from my supplier. Its a dealer part. But I can get the calipers and rotors.

$600 for front only seems a bit crazy…

i mean, i’m the last guy to call himself a technical guy and i did my own z32 swap, including drilling rotors, not knowing what im doing for $300 USD and about 3 hours of work.

mind you, that was with used stainless lines, not new. so you can add $75 to that or whatever to keep it fair. but still - $225 minimum in labour by my count - i assume you get a pretty good price on the hardware from your supplier.

rebuilt calipers from napa are $91/each
rotors from napa are $35/each
pads from napa are $39

thats CAD$331 after tax if i go buy the parts myself over the counter at NAPA.

Do you see where I’m coming from here?

yup hthats true for the calipers… but dude… your forgetting one importand detail… theres a core charge ON TOP OF THAT at almost 80 a caliper. sooo if you dont want to figure that in it would be about 450 installed… SO HOW IS THAT NOT A GOOD DEAL… I have to charge the core because your not giving me Z32 calipers in return for the core charge. I cant use the stock POS calipers for a Z32 core. sorry thats not how it works.

SO I think you forgeting that tiny detail has totally blew your theroy out of the water…

Thanks.

good point i apologize :slight_smile:

You may not be able to use the stock calipers as a core, but we can :D.

Most parts counters rarely go beyond opening the box and looking for a shape resembling a caliper before issuing a core refund.

lol true… but i dont want to screw over my supplier haha I should ask them what happens… then if I can. I can pass the savings on to you guys.

Hey Jason (spoolin) I saw your shop does frame welding and etc I have some questions to talk to you about… I pmed you.

i was at jasons shop today gettin some work done and we actually measured the rotors, they are 30mm. pics will be posted soon. he dont fuk around. this guys knows his shit and can actually do anything to a car for great prices. give him a shout and see for urself