Sport Compact Challange Edmonton - May 30th, 2004

definatly need to meet up before and does it all start/

Show Hours: 11am – 6pm

Competitor Roll-in and Tech: 10am - 12pm

General Admission: $12

Drag Racing: $40, includes admission for competitor

Showoff: $25, includes admission for competitor

Soundoff: TBA

This is the information that I found on the SCC webpage.http://www.sportcompactchallenge.com

So competitors must roll in at 10am, and there is usually a long ass lineup to get in. So how about we meet somewhere at 9:15am - 9:30am, and then drive down so that we are there between 9:30am and 9:45am. That way we are not way back in line.

Do you want to meet at Gateway? That large Rig just south of the city. That way there are no lights to hit so we don’t get split up. Maybe meet there for 9:15am - 9:30am???

What do you all think?

Who is all coming? And do we want to make a team? All of this can be decided when we get there as we fill out forms after we get there.

Well according to the previous posts on this thread it looks like possible candidates of at least coming are:

nissanz32
SRBURG13
DoubleDown
quickshifter
Inzane
Dconz
Zazam

and maybe’s are:

TyPhOOn
DeathBy240
TylerH
phat240
blk240sx

I could be wrong but a few of these guys, but yeah should be a good turn out :wink:

I’m in for sure but I am going to be coming in from the south and will get lost for sure if I try to find you guys in the City. The last SCC event in '03 I got there early I think and was about car 20-25 checked in, I can’t remember what time I got there but I don’t want to site in that huge ass line that I saw last year! I’ll probably try to show up shortly after 9am. If I get in before you guys where do you want to park? I am thinking somewhere a little closer up where the Mazda team was last year.

Hopefully the weather holds out, the longs term forecast was dicey last I looked.

…Dan

I like that idea. It seemed to work out well last year.

But I’d suggest we roll out from there by ~9:15am at the latest… the further up the line we are the sooner we can find out what the F#ck is going on when we are sitting there waitin’ and waitin’, plus we might just get less DUST on our cars if we’re near the front too. :twisted:

I like that idea. It seemed to work out well last year.

But I’d suggest we roll out from there by ~9:15am at the latest… the further up the line we are the sooner we can find out what the F#ck is going on when we are sitting there waitin’ and waitin’, plus we might just get less DUST on our cars if we’re near the front too. :twisted:[/quote]

Sure, sounds great. I’m open to anything. Lets set a time then.

How about meet at the Gateway Rid at 9am sharp. And then we leave shortly after that?

I assure you that you can find this place. Its open feild right into the city from the south. The oil rig is between the northbound and southbound traffic. It is absolutely impossible to miss. Just stay to the left lane as it exits to the rig there. Seriously, you can’t miss it.

Closer to the front would be choice, but there are many other people with the same thing in mind. But the closer the better.

"SRBURG13 : I assure you that you can find this place. Its open feild right into the city from the south. The oil rig is between the northbound and southbound traffic. It is absolutely impossible to miss. Just stay to the left lane as it exits to the rig there. Seriously, you can’t miss it.

Ya I know where that is, sure 9:15 is cool, its only like 15 mins from there roughly right?

Yeah, about 15 min, or less.

I’ll be out doing my photo thing, and if I happend to find some 15" wheels I’ll go out there and dominate the burnout contest. If by some chance there are fun runs happening I would like to see what the Z will do. I haven’t changed anything mechanically yet, but I figure I should be able to bang the car through the gears to the tune of a low 14. :smiley:

The long term forcast looks shitty, the weather network now shows a 40% chance of rain for Edm on the 29/30th!

Anyone know when/if the call gets made to cancel the event, is it like the day before, that morning before opening the gates at 10am or just when it starts to come down?

Damn weather man better be wrong as usual!

I hear ya on that one! :?

What kind of Z are we talking about here?

RedBarons old Z31 :wink:

I’ll be there for sure

Ya my old Z :DGO MATT!

I may or may not be coming out in the AM… w/ the Silvia… I doubt I’ll make the event with the car so I’ll probably just ride with someone else!

The tech in seems to have changed to 9am, with the show hours starting at 10am to the public.

Looks like the forecast goes from bad to worse, The weather netwowk now says 90% chance of rain Sun morning.

I emailed Mark@780, once checked in and the races start there will be no refunds.

Now its at 9am!!! :evil: What the fuck. How unorganized is this? The day before the event, they change the times. What a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, the weather is looking shittier and shittier. What do you guys think? Personally I don’t feel like showing up there to spend $40 to sit and watch the rain fall down, and about 10 spectators to walk by.

Do you still want to go?

It’s been cancelled due to the rain.

Well I guess that’s that.

Sorry all, we won’t be meeting at Gateway park anymore.

See you all for the Edmonton Z Car Club Show n’ Shine!