Sport Compact Challenge - September 19th, 2004

Now it says the weather is a mix of sun and clouds. Hopefully it holds up.

So what is with teams? Whose interested?

I know there are a bunch of us that want to go down there, but how many are really going to race and show?

I’m not in any condition to be showing (damn stock rims), but I’ll race for sure. Actually stock rims are going to suck ass for racing too but whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

• Mike

Also, when we go, we must meet together, and roll there together, and go in together, that way we can all grab a large spot together to form one Nissan clan. There is no booth setup like before, or at least I don’t think so.

Do we have a support vehicle? LoL

I’ve got a couple spare sets of rear tires I’m going to need if I race and do the burnout contest. :?

So I talked to the weather gods and they said that it was cool if the weather man says that it will be mainly sunny and NO CHANCE OF RAIN tomorrow with a high of 9…WHOOT WHOOT…The show’s a go :!:

But if it rains all Saturday night, that means the track won’t be able to dry in time. Happened one year I think.

IF it’s a go, we shall meet at Gateway Park Oil rig south of the city at 9AM. I repeat 9AM!!

Sound good?

Mark on 780tuners just posted up that the SCC is a full GO.

So, 9am at Gateway Park. Roll there together. Grab spots on the feild together. Make teams up. Show, race, and have a great time.

:lol: :lol:

So, who is all coming?

Also, Speedworks might be coming out and given us a hand with various things.

Me, Me, Me… !!! :smiley:

Although my car isn’t the greatest looking I will be there.I won’t be showing or racing though.

Ill be watching.

I’ll also be there watching? Do we still roll at 9 or do we go when the gates open?

Does anyone know if there is a car wash around that area?I have a long drive and I’m sure the car won’t be clean by the time I get there

Hell, our cars won’t be clean from the time we leave the highway (19) to the time we park in the pit area… goddammmmm gravel access road!!! :evil:

Unless you’re showing, I wouldn’t waste TOOOO much time making your car look pretty. :cry:

Anyway, there may be a car wash in Nisku somewhere. There’s a couple gas stations on the east side of the highway opposite the turnoff to bud park that might be worth checking out.

Are we rolling in as a group still??? Where is the god dammed events planner???

I think that’s the plan for us.

You bet.

Hopefully I’ll see a few of you guys there at 9am, bright and early. Shit, I know I"ll be tired.

So, did everyone have a good time?

It was pretty good, besides the weather being hella cold. I think the coldness was good for the motors, but terrible for the traction. I know I had some seriously violent wheel hop.

All in all, it was pretty good.

Congrats to all of the Nissan guys that raced. We all made it to the quick 24.

Inzane, DconZ, SRBURG13, DoubleDown, ChromeDragon, and jdms13rhd. I think the skyline and the blue silvia made it in there too, but I"m not sure.

Unfortunately Inzane blew a diff or something like that, DconZ had some clutch slippage (too much power ;)), and I had traction issues.

But a big congrats to ChromeDragon and DoubleDown.

Chromey for winning the C class with a time of 13.9 (correct me if I’m wrong)
And DoubleDown for now taking on the fastest S13 on here, with a time of 13.6 (now it’s on Mike) :wink:

Good times guys.

Aaron

Had a good time, a lil’ Nipply which I am sure kept the bigger crowds away.

We did have a great Nissan car count in the top 24 way to go boys! Didn’t the SC’d 350z win as well?

I still smell clutch…

Yeah I had a lot of fun out there. The STi was the only close run I had for the day (I ran a 13.6, he ran a 13.5). The others were either older NA Honda’s, or those monster turbo Civic’s from Midtown that ran 12’s, haha. It’s kind of humbling watching the tail end of a rusty '86 CRX pull away from you when you’ve got the pedal to the floor :oops:

HUGE thanks to Neil, Corey, et al, of Speedworks coming out and helping out. I think they’ve got some digital footage of the event too.

Aaron still pulled off 13’s with no traction… I won’t hold that title for long :wink:

• Mike

Sorry I wasn’t there guys. I was going to go down with a friend but I never got a hold of him… :evil: