Spring compressor

cwhere can I rent or borrow one? Thanks much. -BRad

mostly any part store :wink:

franks auto for about $35 to rent.

what kid?

im guessin that was suppose to be kind.

im guessin for struts not valve springs

any auto parts store will let you buy one and bring it back if you don’t break it.

this isn’t like wal-mart rentals. they actually encourage you to do this. advance and autozone both do this for sure

they are like maybe 40 bucks to buy and you get it all back

they are 25 bucks at advanced auto!

thanks guys…Jeff and I are going to do the c/o’s tomrrow night. …didn’t want to take any chances with the ghetto C-clamp rig. Pep boys and autozone both havem for rent:D

dude the c-clamp idea was great admit it. I may even want to buy one. I need to pick up another set of springs for my cuscos for track days… we will see tomarrow. :smiley:

It also helps to have an impact wrench to turn the compressor. It is alot of work to turn them by hand.

Originally posted by taco
It also helps to have an impact wrench to turn the compressor. It is alot of work to turn them by hand.

fuck ya it is! i just helped my boy lower his car last night! they started it without air tools and already had a strut bolt off before tehy called me! they were using 3/4in drive to remove strut bolts! i was :rofl: when i got there! i had to drive home and get my 1" drive and do it all by hand!
they should have called and talked to me cause it would taken less than 2 hours at my house with the air!