Spring Install

Anyone around that can help with a lowering spring install? I’m currently doing the rears (05 330xi) and I’m having a hell of a time and it would be a ton easier with someone else. I’ll buy ya lunch, beer or pay ya if you can come help lol…Just want to get this done and over with.

I reside in Fredonia.

on the rears, with the car jacked up and bottom of shock unbolted (18mm), just push down on the hub with your foot yank the old one out, switch rubber pads to new spring, and shove that in there. then take foot off hub and jack up under shock mount to bolt shock back on. i have no idea about the front though as i have not done an awd before.

Yeah, I finally got it. It was cake after I got a friend to step down on the hub. Front isn’t too hard, but the damn bolts are rusted to shit already so I threw some PB Blaster on it and I’m letting it soak for a while. If they still won’t budge I’ll just have Innovative or Swerve do it and save me the trouble.

I believe the fronts are the same for both rear and awd drive so I’ll see what I can do.

dont forget to make sure the ebrake is released… ask me how i found THAT one out…

If you weren’t so far away I’d help. Fronts involve more work than rear but not terribly difficult. I assume you have a spring compressor?

Yeah have the compressor from Autozone…I looked at a DIY over on e46fanatics and it doesn’t seem too awfully hard to do, more work than the rear, but somewhat straight forward. I was trying to get the lower bolt off the shock in the front and it just won’t budge. Damn NY winters took its toll on it.

I did it once before with my 07 Si, but that was a ton easier as I had a few friends that knew the process inside and out plus all the bolts and whatnot were brand new so no rust to worry about.