Help installing springs ??

Just a long shot here…

Looking for someone that might want to lend a hand putting lowering springs on a 2000 stang, that has previous experience. Hell, even if you are mechanical and are going to put them on your own someday, we can practice on mine.

I can give ya some cash based on experience with stangs, or brews, or both lol. Maybe we can knock out some work on your car as well…

I’m in Amherst by UB north.

Looking to do it relatively soon as the plates just went on today :tup:

aside from my neighbors king cobra, ive never worked on a stang. however i have lowered alot of cars and trucks. im in pendleton, id be willing to help. you got spring compressors?

I did it years ago. lol
Would the work be done in a garage of some sort or outside?

What happened to our neighbor helping you out? You should definitely have no problem finding someone on here to get the job done.

Alright cool! No spring compressors…I was going to go with the floor jack under the control arm method. I also don’t own air tools or a torque wrench unfortunately. Those would be a plus.

I have a 2.5 car garage with a space heater if necessary.

are they just coil spring and a shock? if thats the case its cake. but i had figured atleast the front would have a strut assembly which will require spring compressors

edit…will probably need a pickle fork too. i have that and the spring compressors but my spring compressors may not work, they didnt for the strut springs for my e46.

Just coil spring, no shock.

Is their an Autozone in the area, because I believe they have a free tool borrow policy (from what I’ve read)

i rented them for free at autozone when I did the springs in my car, they work well.

Spring compressors are not necessary. Pickle fork may be if by whacking the sides doesn’t loosen it.

Yeah, no spring compressors necessary, in fact they don’t really work for this type of suspension.

I could do it for $150. I’m sure people would do it for less on here.