sr stumbles and dies on startup only

hey guys

when igo to start up my car after a day or two of not starting it (sr20) the rpms jump to about 1200 or so then as they begin to come down to idle (700-900) it begins to stumble and die

drops down to about 300 rpms

this problem goes away if i give it gas.

could it not be getting enough fuel on startup?

i checked for vaccuum leaks but dont see anything. after i give it gas it holds fine for the rest of the day anyways.

my mafs has a small inlet on the top of it, looks like a breather or hose should be attached to it.

theres nothing there right now, this is how the car was when i got it.

could this be the problem?

any suggestions?

i had this exact problem with my KA when it ran…

if i didnt drive it for a couple days, and when it came to be started… the rpms jumped in the beginning and then it would drop in a matter of 3 sec to 700 or so… and then sputter down and die

this happened after i got custom intake work done and after i got rid of my EGR… im still thinking its prolly the MAF but couldnt figure it out

im betting my problem is the fuel filter, she’s not getting enough pressure on startup/idle

thats when the most fuel presssure is needed too

I had a very simmilar issue with my SR and it turned out to be the timing. It was only ever on startup for 45 seconds it would want to stall otherwise it ran like butter all day. I know the timing was advanced to solve it but i dont know what it was set to.

Is this on my old car Matt. If so It used to do this with the KA24. the fuel filter was a brand new 300zx TT one so im doubting its that. It used to do this the most when I’d fill the tank from almost empty.

same tank of gas is in from when u dropped it off

car is going on the road monday, it only started doing this recently.

ill pnpoint it eventually

so if the fuel pump is a new z32 tt, then im going to rule that out

did u swap the fuel pump when u did the swap?

sounds like the idle valve is not working properly…

Yes it has a brand new walbro 255 in it.

Also it has the steel idle screw so you can adjust the idle without issue if need be.

ill check the iavc