sr top on sohc bottow!

Guys please it only a question!lol

Have you know someone that did a sr topend on sohc bottowend?
And i it possible to do so?
Thanks guys!!!

no dude these arent hondas lol

You can do it, but you need a shitload of superglue to hold them together.

Guys i know it is too custom for nissan! lol
I just had this question and i spoke to my friend then we decide to me post this question. lol
But do you know what, it is something diferent let’s see if someone though the same as i think!
But it still a good question!
Thanks guys and let me know more about this “honda style for nissa”! lol

i’m guessing you just converted to nissan a couple months ago?

hahahahaha!

now all he has to do is convert to proper english…

The “w” and “m” are so far apart, how could you screw that up twice?
And whats with all the ??? !

Stop acting like retards and posting really stupid questions.

As it’s obviously (painfully as well) that you really have no clue regarding engines at all (aside form perhaps D and B class honda engines)

An SR(rwd) head will fit the following blocks:

SR20DE and SR20DET rwd blocks.

KA (soch and dohc) will fit the following blocks

KA (both) blocks

CA (dohc) heads witll fit the following
CA20,18 DET, DE, E. As all CA blocks are very similar. It is also easy to convert FWD CA’s to RWD. something to think about.
So there you have it. now stop.

I recently had a SR next to a DOHC KA,

I didn’t measure, but it appeared as though the SR was wider and shorter than the KA. Length?

Flame on…

true, and aswell sohc and dohc ka blocks and some internals are different.

So according to this, you can take a SOHC block, and put a DOHC head on it and all the timing chain components from the DOHC block and head will work with the SOHC block ? Can anyone confirm ? I always though that yes even though they are both KA24 blocks that SOHC/DOHC blocks are slightly differntly finished.

i dont get why would you want a SR head on a KA bottom. imo SR head isnt that good, e.g. rocker arms, 4 lobes per 8 valves, vs direct 8 lobes per 8 valves on tha KA head. im not hating tha SR here though, i just dont get whats tha point with this. if you want the KA to be closer to an SR, i say you make a KAT.

He’s been asking questions of this level on TNC like crazy as well, and is quick to get fired up if you challenge his technical abilities. I can attest to that much.

Is that really your opinion, or just things you’ve heard others state?

The SR, along with any other engines out there, is just fine for 99% of the people that use them. I’m sure if you tear into an F1 engine you will also find some issues.

No one here needs or will ever need a more ‘sophisticated’ and ‘better designed’ engine.

But then again you want it to be safe while you are idling in traffic on the 401 right?

it is really my opinion. i believe that less moving parts will work more efficiently, less mechanical loss, less sophisticated etc etc. as i stated before, im not hating on SR. i don’t think that rocker arms are wrong or anything. i just don’t get why would anyone do that. if it had the vvt, or vtecYO or something, i can see why. but he never stated.

all in all thats just my input whether u agree or disagree. im just giving my feedback. and not to offend anyone.

its ok dk_fabiosantos, im actually in the middle of modifying 2 Ka24de heads and using them on a VG30 bottom end, all u need is an adaptor plate and a good machine shop, i got its like a 130whp gain over the stock Vg30dett hp rating, if u want more info talk to canadian drifter

Eh? How can you adapt a 4 cyl head on half of a 6 cyl motor? You’ll have 3 cyls in your block and 4 in your head…

the adapter plate will take care of that :wink:

VERY interested to see how that works out.

i cant picture that at all…

GT