ka24de head on ka24e block

ok i was thinking about doing this set up here,i was just wondering if the dohc(ka24de)head fit on a sohc(ka24e block)

i have been reading on nissanforums and haven’t found out if it has been done before. can anyone tell me if it’s been done?

about the spark plugs do you need dohc spark plugs since they are positioned differently.

i have all the parts,i don’t need the stock ka24de intake do i ?. another thing i can use my sohc (ka24e)harness and ecu

hope you guys can help me out.i really appreciate it

thanks

its been done many a time before.

kade head on a kae block will net you around 11.1:1 compression ratio give or take a few decimels.

i thought about doing it for a while too.

so long as you have the DE head and intake plenum, it should be ok id think.

but to run the de head, i believe you need to be using the de harness? im not 100% on that though. i would just assume that the sensors are different etc.

good luck

Bryan

just swap tha pistons from tha KAE to tha KADE. then you will be running high compression.

yes thats right fungg.but i have a problem i plan on swapping a ka24de in with sohc pistons but it needs a rebuild.might as well use the de on E block to save my self money

I wish it were so easy to just swap heads!

It seriously is easier to just do the rebuild and do it right the first time.

Might as well since the motor is half apart anyway…

lol i wouldnt cheap out on an engine man. do it right tha first time. if you wanna rebuild it sorta cheaply i suggest you hone your cylinders, buy new rings ( like less than 100 bucks), and just get a full gasket set ( bout 100 bucks), then use tha KAE crank, rod, bearings and just throw it into the KADE block. imo that would be tha cheapest way to rebuild in your situation.

plus im not sure if this is true tho, correct me if im wrong, but i read up on some other forum bout the coolent lines dont match up with tha different head and block, soo that would need some milling. again im not sure if this is true**

yea i was thinking about that. i emailed jwt about this subject.waiting on there reply

talk to spilner…he has one fully rebuilt ready to go.

this head transplant doesn’t seemd to be people’s favorite…

my KA24E has 170-175 psi in each cylinders. my problem now it’s that it smokes a lot. i tried Kleen-Flow and Lucas, it dosn’t really work. i think it’s the valve seal… i have 2 DOHC engines which one of them is totaly stripped out. i was planing on swapping the whole KA24DE into my '90 this summer but i have no space since my neighbour will call the cops on me if i work on my car outside on my driveway :x so i thought if i just swap the head to a DOHC in my crampped garage, i might can solve the problem untill i can do the whole KA24DE swap.
i’m doing my homework and i was hoping you guys can help me out and give me info about what to watch out during the head transplant(if it’s fesable)

anybody???

^^^ hijackeddddd

you would need to use DE upper harness, adjust your timing according to compression as well, and the timing chain assemblies I don tknow how your going to do that