KA24e to KA24de swap

hey guys how hard would it be to take a ka24e out and put in a ka24de. what could i use from the ka24e that will work with the ka24de.

search. this has just been answered in detail a couple weeks ago.

Andrew,

The swap is impossible. A waste of time. But all who have done it are extremly sexy.

buy jesses ca and then your will be happy! kae to kade is not worth it at all.

Besides being the biggest HP boost for your dollar?

Telling this to one of the first kat guys? Kae’s are good for turbos as well. If you looking just for the extra 5-10hp gain out of the DOHC its not worth it unless you have lots of time. I would buy a 91+ befor doing that swap if i wanted a DOHC kat really bad.

sorry man, most ppl on SON loves to touch dinky especially the ppl that posted b 4 me, unless u going ka-t is not worth it. but its ur car do it if you want.

lata brother, DMIS

No body said anything about turboing. Sure it is alot of work unless your a S1DC boy where they do one of these every 2 weeks give or take a whole bunch of weeks. But 15hp and 15-20lb torque for $200 is a great price. I like it much better. Would I have swapped if I didn’t blow the SOHC? No.

We all know you are one of the first. Or atleast they should know.
Plus you live in Brampton.

I wasnt trying to start a fight or anything just giving my opinion. Eveyone see’s things differently.

So what is the major hold up doing this swap?
I hear the alternator is one the distributor, the maf, what else?

Asfar as the maf is concerned it doesnt matter if u use the kae or the kade does it?

The alternater should work also.
asfar as the distributor I think it could be spliced into the stock kae harness if you had the kade plug for it.

Any thoughts?