Building a ka24de swap

hEY FELLOW SONERS

I made the decision. I am going KA24DE(-T, at some point soon)I have purchased my engine and i am trying to source the parts i need to swap from a Ka24E to Ka24DE. I wanna swap the engine and give it some N/A time in the car just to see how she runs before the turbo set-up.
Anyways…From what i understand, and correct me if i am wrong please these are the parts needed. The car is a 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch, engine is from a 93 S13

-DOHC Wiring Harness (i have)
-DOHC motor set (i have)
-DOHC ECU (i have)
-DOHC Power steering pump and lines (Need these parts, i want to retain p/s)
-Custom A/c lines (if i decide to keep it)
-DOHC distributor and coil (i have)
-DOHC cluster (i was hoping there was a way to retain my original guage cluster, and maybe just change the tach? i think i have heard of something like that before?)
-DOHC throttle cables (do i really need these? R the SOHC sufficent?)
-DOHC cruise control module and cable (i have)
-DOHC MAF (I Need. do i really need this thou, or can i use the SOHC MAF?)

Once again if you see anything that i may not need here or notice that i have missed something please msg me.

If you have a/some of these parts for sale please feel free and leave me a link to your FS thread.

I am looking for helpful responses from people that have experience doing this swap. No shitting on this thread please.

Besides the guides provided by nicoclub.org does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide on the internet for this swap.
Also a guide for Complete KA24DE engine overhaul. if you could post a link that would be greatly appreciated.

oh and at some point soon, this engine will be turbo’d once again, So is there anything i am not thinking of that i should do to be more prepared for the turbo now that the engine is out on an engine stand?

I am willing to meet to pick up parts anywhere in the GTA and north of it (Barrie,orillia, etc.)

stick with the SOHC man, it’s not worth it unless your current motor is giving you problems…seriously lol!

either way, for turbo…upgrade your clutch to AT LEAST a stage 1, stage 2 or 3 will be best in the long run depending if your wanting to run bigger boost and pump out more power around 300+. Otherwise Stage 1 usually is good for anything around 7-10psi, it’s much easier for you to install the clutch when the motor is out.

Other than that, u don’t need much else where u should take the engine or tranny out.

i may be wrong but i think i remember someone saying that if you use the stock maf from a sohc you can run a very mild turbo

MAFs are different, SOHC throttle cable is shorter, it works but it rubs against the top of the motor which can cause problems in the future.

both mafs don’t make a difference for the get go since both will cap you off at around 250-260hp, this is when you can get the maxima N60 maf for aiming more than 260hp and if you really wanna push more power like over 350hp, go N62 300ZX maf which is capable of over 500hp.

but you’ll need an upgraded clutch, better you install that now with the engine already out instead of after once u get a turbo installed…guaranteed.

Alright thanks for the comments. Yes i will upgrade the clutch to a stage 1 or 2 i wanna have a realistic goal of 250-300 hp, so ya maybe i should get the 300 maf. so the throttle will rub thats not good thanks for the heads up. thanks guys.

so went to the wreckers today and picked up a 92-95ish maxima MAF sensor, code E60 this should work good for my set up shouldn’t it?