SR20 Motors

i was wondering the difference in power, if any, between a s14 sr20 and a sr20 from a s15, and then the differences between a red top and black top besides the colors of the valve covers. and which would you recommend.

thanks

More than enough info to keep you content

Just a note on the trannies. The trans thats attached to the S15, 6 speed, is only capable up to around 300 hp. They’re not very strong at all.

I remember reading an article a few years ago with a 6-speed handling an SR that had 450bhp, think it was in a Turbo. It’s in how you drive.

a simple google search can answer every question about 240’s you’ve posted so far, or seriously since you plan on building one just join a forum and everything you can possibly want to know has been covered 100x’s over! www.zilvia.net www.freshalloy.com www.nicoclub.com

the one the motor is with is a 5speed… which would be spec s apparently, does anyone know anything more about the realiabilty about the transmissions? 450wheel max at the most would be what im looking at for power but i have other things to worry about right now. i just want to know about which motor would be right for the car just because the availibility of sr parts and i think the rb26 would be a bitch for repair and maintenence

hmm i should probably put my zilvia account into good use then, i just wanted info from here because i figured i would actually meet a few people from here in my life

imho in the end if your going big turbo anyways all sr’s are the same, your just paying more for a newer motor obviously, so pick whatever one fits your budget

which motor are you running in your car?

i’ve had an s13 redtop both times, in my old s13 coupe and now in my s14

yeah ill just probably go with what ever i have the money for since it will eventually need to be re-tuned if i do anything anyways. its also a 900$ difference between the s15 and s14 motor for nothing really changed besides its newer i believe.
thanks for the help

check your pm’s

red tops have the best flowing head… the 6spd only came on the spec r s15. s14 motors were the first with the intake valve timing. if your looking for big power get an rb series motor

the s15 head is a little different and the have different sized turbos.

yeah but ill be eventually upgrading the turbo anyways, if def go rb26 but i dont want to run into any maitenence problems… idk if im going to go 240 yet because there are none really availible

stick with the sr even if u want to make big power there are plenty of big power sr’s around. besides the rb is heaveir and will throw the balance of the 240 even more off than the ka already does. and like u said its gonna be slight pain in the ass to find parts if somin like ur water pump goes. but if ur just trying to be unquie go with the rb, ohh and the swap is a little more difficult than an sr swap, just putting it out there

get the rb, cough cough

the 26 makes over 300whp in factory trim with a nice exhaust

if i can find a swapped sr 240 hatch for cheap wit some mods i would just go with that, rb would be sick if i had the money

yah they are expensive. but worth it. if u really want to find a good deal on an sr car u have to sign up on 240sx forums

yeah im a part of zilvia and the like maryland 240 club or something forums