SR20DE Build-up

right now I’m waiting to pick-up a bell housing and torque plate so that i can machine the cylinder bores. with the head and transmission bolted on, the number 4 cylinder will distort by as much as 1.2 thou.

I’m having the block align honed which is basically everything you said. I have to since im installing main studs. as for the cam journals, there is no cam bearings, so i cant touch them.

I am having the crank knife edged.

I am doing a 3 angle valve job. haven’t decided on cams yet… i have never heard of anyone regrinding SR cams though. bigger valves? i dont know of any, there are sodium filled exhaust valves in the JDM SR heads although, I doubt it will be necessary.

I’m getting a port an polish.

I’m getting bearings for one of the turbo SR’s that are wider and provide better oiling. I’m also teardropping the oil holes in the crank for better oiling.

At this point I am contemplating how serious this thing is actually going to be. I decided a while ago that the car that this motor goes into will be a summer driver only, so i might take it a step further and make it a full race car with roll cage.

lol, Kazz, ur all about the muscle cars eh? i remember you saying something about old mopar stuff, but i can tell from your suggestions that you’re into iron block V8’s.