sr20det or ka24de

but the sad part is that alot of people really do beleive that every rotary will blow up within 10k miles… lol

edit on that note, i’d like to get this thread back on topic lol sorry for straying…

Jay, I’m sorry if I offended you I was just busting your balls. On that note, who gives a shit what engine it is. It’s metal and isn’t alive.

KA > SR20

i took the sr20 out of my front clip and it was pretty easy. i took the KA out of my car. oh my god what a friggen engine design that right there made me soo happy i went sr. and BTW if you really knew anything about sr’s you would know that getting parts is probally just as easy as gettin parts for a sentra… oh wait thats right nissan sentra= sr20de. i can go to napa and buy pretty much anypart i want for my sr20det. and sr20’s have became such a popular swap. (more so in the west and florida) there are so many places that have literally thousands of replacement oem and aftermarket parts for a sr20.

Thats great. When you order in a swap and its shit and the person who sold it to you dicks you around for 6 months to get it replaced under the “no hassle” warranty. And when someone comes to your shop and asks for brand X JDM only part and it takes 3-6 months to arrive you can come back and talk to me. What the fuck do I know. I’ve only been doing this professionally since you were in middle school.

“i took the sr20 out of my front clip and it was pretty easy. i took the KA out of my car. oh my god what a friggen engine design that right there made me soo happy i went sr.”

does this even make sense? explain to me this “friggen engine design” and what you saw in the sr that was soooo much better.

and more so in the west an florida? lol what does that even mean? people have been swapping in sr’s for years all aorund the country. in fact form what iv seen more people are going ka-t now in cali due to emission and inspection regulations.

its pretty clear that you are not all that familiar with nissans motors

yea how different is the “engine design” of an sr to a ka, just by looking at the exterior of them while swapping? i mean you even use all the stock mounts! lol

he couldn’t have been talking about the mounts since they are the same. maybe he’s referring to the more room there would be to work on the car?

they are physically VERY close in size and layout, thats why i don’t get what he saw.

altho i just had another thought…maybe he was saying “omg what a design cause it was so easy to get both of them removed” ? just worded it wierd? guess we’ll just have to wait for his reply lol

i’m aware of the phsical design. maybe because it’s almost half a liter bigger he thinks more room is what i should have said.

haha you guys are so right i know nothing about nissan motors. if you havent noticed most of the people that are doing sr swaps are out in california and florida. the engine design thing i meant everything is just in shitty locations, a lot more cramped then the sr, and imo way more complicated. and im pretty sure ka-t will not pass ca emissions. and carnut thats why you dont get jdm motors from shitty sources. i bought my s14 front clip from a guy that personally goes to japan and sources motors and clips. and why the hell would it matter if you bought a jdm part for a sr20 or if you bought a set of JDM wheels there both going to take “3-6 months to arrive” im not trying to start any shit im just giving my .02

Whatever, your right, I’m wrong.

im not saying your wrong. im just saying that what i found when i was pulling my motor. im not a big fan of the ka but w.e different strokes for different folks. and j.w how many sr swaps have you done?

at least you agree with us.

and you explination for why the sr is better proves nohting what so ever about your knowledge of nissan motors

and a ka-t has a chance at passing ca inspection, they know what sr’s are our there and they are not legal

if you look at it dollar for dollar tho the ka is going to make more power. with the 3000 your going to spend on an sr swap you can piece together a turbo kit and throw forged rods and pistons in the ka and make more power more safely

arent you the one that wasnt even going to tackle modifying your own engine harness?

ya i am going to send out my engine harness. i dont want to deal with the hassle. ive been researching it for a while and ive decided to just send it out and have it sent back to me turn key with a real slim chance of a problem.

im just not much of a fan of the KA like stated i think in the second post in this thread the agrument can go back and fourth forever.

and i think when you did appologize to me i wasnt for one second trying to say one was better than the other. i was straightening out facts that other people had confused.