sr20det or ka24de

yeah 240’s are the new rice… you can thank all those “street racing” games that have something about drifting in them, and the whole “drift” marketing such as RC cars and movies. Im not saying that Im not into drifting but ive practice it long before anyone even knew what the word “drift” even ment.

yep, so did everyone who is into drifting.

call it what you will, but the 240 has always been a great platform to work from. media hype is inflating it a little bit, but it will die back down.

lol.

it’s definitely a great platform. light RWD and cheap with a big engine bay to boot.

Oh im not putting the chassie down…don’t get me wrong im just saying that its becomming like the new honda for all the kids to want. I don’t know how many kids come up to me and say “yeah i want to drift and get sideways, Im pretty good with my civic too” I have no choice but to walk away.

when something becomes lightweight and affordable, it gets big. you get some ridiculous powerful cars, and more often than not, some really ricey ones. it’s just like the civics. just wait a couple years for the omgawd sti/evos to become affordable and see what the kids do to them.

240s arent all they easy to find. espesially if your looking for one thats in good shape and hasnt been hacked.

and if i had the money i would do a s14 with a 2jz swap with a big single turbo set up.

yeah theres alot of options you can do with the 240 being a rwd chassie.

when i get my car finished we should have a little nissan meet somewhere.

diaf

sorry, but all u rotary guys know that there is a d-day somewhere in ur future.

its kind of like when you are told you are gonna die. You dont know when it will happen, or why. That must suck.

right, because no modded engine ever blows up :bloated: so how bout we line up the rx7 and your hatch, i mean i’m gonna blow my motor anyways so its an easy win for you, right?

Personally I have built the KA24DE and I love it. Such a simple engine and simplicity is key to having a reliable long lived setup. Definatly would do a KA over an SR20 now a days especially from the horror I have seen in the past and getting parts is kind of a bitch for the SR20.

haha, i wasnt really trying to start an arument man, dont take it personally, it was a joke. i think your car is hot

sorry, but i just hate how people automatically judge about rotaries when 90% of them have never owned let alone driven one. not to mention that an N/A rotary is very reliable. they can go 200k + miles just like a piston motor

haha i know what u mean. its like being prejudiced against certain car owners. sure, ur no different from the rest of us, but u get ripped on again and again for no apparent reason.

i still hate domestics tho

What Rotor crawled up your ass gosh :stuck_out_tongue:

it tried to crawl up his ass but blew up on the way there.

it gets annoying. find any thread on this board that mentions a rotary, and you’ll the same lame ass remark atleast once. and like i said, most of the time its from people who really have no idea what they are talking about lol

go find a thread about f-bods and take a look at the comments

go find a dsm thread and look at the comments

go find a honda thread and look at the praises

i actually am really fond of your car. i’m not fond of rotary track records overall, but your build is immaculate and done right.