SS autochrome manifold?

Does anyone have experiene with them? My friend said they’re famous for cracking, but that’s for the Honda guys. Also, how is the fitment? Do they interfere with other components in the engine bay?

What about Megan racing products? Are they just the same?

I don’t have much experience with either personally but SSAutochrome is commonly nicknamed SSAutoCrack. They’re absolute garbage in every aspect.

Megan Racing on the other hand I’ve only ever heard good things about when it comes to exhaust related parts other than their turbo elbow, which is decent, just nothing great.

As far as headers, manifolds and catbacks go, they’re friggn awesome for the price.

If you want to save a few bucks on Megan Racing… search for T-Pros, same identical hardware less the 1 year manufacturers (defect only… basically useless) warranty. You’ll save 20%+

I never tried megan racing exhaust, but comparing to JDM strut bars, mr strut bars welds are thin, one sided, and crap, same with pilot…

SSAC/Stone mountian/XS power/Megan/OBX/Bing… it’s all the same crap ass manifold from China. You pay for a good one once and it may cost you 2-3x more… or you buy one of the above mentioned header’s 10-12 + times in the life time of the single more expensive header…

ian, if u don’t know what your speaking about then dont speak…
I have sold over 60 megan sr20det manifolds over the last 3 years…NOT ONCE HAVE I HAD TO REFUND OR WARRANTY CLAIM AT ALL FOR ANY OF THEM !

thats all i have to say about this one…i think statistics speak for themselves louder then any bullshit you or me can type to each other …
same goes for the bings ones, never heard any negative issues with them…

Stress is what causes these manifolds to break.

Support your exhaust so not all weight relies on the manifold; Same with
your turbo. At least that’s my impression on these products. :dunno:

I’m sorry when was the last time you actually worked with one ? not just sold them. Let me know when you’ve actually got a clue about the actual METAL composite and it’s faults… You guys who sell this stuff, seem to think that becuse you SELL it you have some inherent ability to know everything about them… YOU don’t. What they do, do is make anyone who sells the crap a hansome profit margin…

I agree…

my Bings.ca Manifold as well over 10,000km on it and has not cracked so my $0.02 is buy bings shit :lol:

I agree…

my Bings.ca Manifold as well over 10,000km on it and has not cracked so my $0.02 is buy bings shit :lol:[/quote]

silly fools! lets not even start on the manifolds or lets start on all bing’s products. Fiberglass areo! pfft! fiberglass doesnt have the tensile strength to go thru a snowbank! it’ll crack and you penis will grow warts! my daddy told me so.

fucking idiots.

all of you.

GT