Staling Spec V

Hers the story. Saturday night i was showing off my new A/F gauge and when I revved the car it started misfiring and almost staled. Did this for about 3 min… Was a little worried but it stopped so I didn’t think much about it. This morning went out to go to work. Started the car and she started misfiring and almost staled 3 times. ok… So she settles down and now I’m worried. Driving to work and the SES light comes on. Now it’s sporadically doing the I’m going to stall on you routine. Only at high RPM’s and when you start her up… Any ideas? I did the ECM Diag and got a code of 2135… But that doesn’t show up on any of the code sheets I have. HELP ME… This car isn’t even a year old.

Knock a vacuum line of while installing the AF gauge?

No the A/F guage i installed was using wiring from my old guage. My old one work fine for about 5 months…

Maybe a bad MAF?

Post this up on the Vboards, lotsa knowledgable guys over there.

Vboard is down… I already thaught about that. :?

Pull your plugs and see what they look like. check the wiring to your MAF and make sure none of the wires have been rubbing on anything. check you 2 vac lines both are on your valve cover, one is on the right side going to your intake and the second one I believe is on the back of the valve cover by your fuel rail. other than that hmm…

try doing the idle relearn, I’ll see if I can find the pedal trick for it, might be hard with my online temple being down. but I’ll see what I can do.

-Warm up engine.
-Turn ignition switch ?OFF? and wait at least 10 seconds.
-Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ?ON? and wait 3 seconds.
-Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
-Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops
blinking and turned ON.
-Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL goes ON.
-Start engine and let it idle.
-Wait 20 seconds.

This WILL work just a matter of getting your count right, but this will work. it is worth a shot, try cleaning your TB first might be some dirt in there causing it to act weird so clean the tb and then do this.

What is that supposed to do. Sounds like a code for getting flying mario on SNES.

It is called a pedal trick there is two of them one for the idle relearn and one for reading the codes by counting flashes. Every vehicle has this it is just a matter of someone knowing how to do it, and lets just say the Spec V community knows pretty much EVERYTHING about these cars.

It’s a cheap Diagnosis trick… instead of the Factory tool, Consultant II (Or the big dumb yellow brick)

And to get your hands on the Consultant II would put you back about 3000 bucks but then again it can do anything…

Then again i need to reset my fuel learn…

TB???

Throttle Body. clean it I bet it has balck crud in it. but once you clean it, your idle will be all over and it will probably stall. but hey it already is stalling so clean the throttle body and then do the idle relearn.

Sounds like a bad MAF to me, did you check that out? For some reason they tend to crap out every now and then.

have u tried unplugging your new AF meter? if your problem started only after you installed the new one, it should be a pretty quick diagnosis. you may have a bad gauge causing unwanted resistance in the circuit, causing your MAF to send the incorrect AF to the computer, and so on.

Fallen: whats wrong with the consult II? its top notch if you know how to use it