My SpecV wont idle anymore...help me diagnose

Well good thing i havnt sold the car yet because i wouldnt want the new owner to think i tried to scam him into buying a fucked up car.

Anyways since i got my 335i I have parked the SpecV. Today the gf took my spec to work and she said it was stalling like crazy. It will start up fine when the engine is cold and the rpm’s will hold around 1,000 till it warms up and the rpms drop to about 600. the car will idle ok for a few minutes then all of sudden the rpms will drop to 0 and the car will stall out.

I went to pick it up today after work and i did the idle relearn, cleared any hidden codes (even though my SES light was not on) and tried to start it again. It fires up no problem, it just wont maintain minimum idle.

If im driving down the street and put the clutch in when the rpms are around 3000, the rpms will drop to 0 and stall out. i have to slowly lower the rpms to 500 then it will idle for a while before stalling.

Im not sure if a dirty MAF could cause this maybe, any other ideas? the car runs fine aslong as its in gear, but in neutral it will pretty much stall out eventually.

Heres a vid i made as i was driving. Notice when i put the clutch in and the rpms drop to 0 and the car stalls. Sometimes i prevented it from stalling by blipping the gas before it hit 0.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/th_1252201344.jpg

Let me know what you guys think… this is the first time its ever done this…

Could be anything really, could be MAF related or the sign of a dying fuel pump.

I don’t think it’s a MAF becuase if the ecu detecs a maf problem the car goes to limp mode. What stirkes me weird is you are not getting a code. wish I could help but it makes no sense to me. Good luck

ok so i think i pretty much have it figured out. I think its my crank/cam position sensors.

I got the crank position sensor out and replaced, but i cant get the cam position sensor out. I still have the issue even after replacing one sensor. I need to get this other sensor out asap!
Heres pics of the sensor, anyone know how the F to get it out?

Btw its the one with the green tab.
there is a screw holding it in, but i want to take the connection off first so i can get to the screw… i cant get the damn connector off.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/sensor004.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/special-k-0/sensor005.jpg

Could possibly be a cracked vaccum line.

See I though it was my crank/cam position sensors on my car when it wouldn’t idle and I replaced mine. This might be your problem but to me it sounds like it might be a vacuum leak.

Use a small mirror to see under the tab, therre is usuallt little push/ pull tabs that need to be released before the harness will unplug.
Cheers

got the sensor out finally, didnt fix my problem.
now my guess is either totally fucked MAF or plugged fuel filter maybe.
the car dies as if its getting starved of air/gas.

off to the dealer it is.

I have the same connectors on my cam sensors, they are a night mare to get off. I hope you get it figured out.

so it was my MAF. i have to try and find one at a pick a part so i dont have to buy any butter for the trip to the stealership

i highly doubt its a fuel filter because its a newer car, but maf is entirely possible. I just fixed a car with same simptoms and it was bad maf… borrow someones maf and test it just so u don’t spend shit loads of money… or just check the code it gives you.

I think Im going to buy a couple o2 sensors, a MAF and a crank position sensor and leave them in my glove box for my Maxima … LOL … seen to many of these threads