Stalling problems

Hello,

I have just installed whole intake Injen kit that goes underneath the car and for some reason when i get off a gear and go to nutral it seems like it wants to stall or it does stall. It revs down to about 500 rpms for a couple secs then it goes up or it stalls…

My only suggestions thats wrong is MAFS, Alternator or fuel pump, what do you guys suggest??

Maybe you for got to put on a hose? Or maybe you broke one when installing the intake. If it was fine befor the install but no after it probably isnt FP/Alt. Check your lines. As for the maf You could of hurt it. But the car would run bad all the time.

i’d say vacuum leak.

Hey guys, ive looked all over the place and read all the roums to do with stalling but my car is perfectly fine.

Since i was lost i took it to my mechanic and he cleaned out my throttle body and said it was carboned up. Now it works perfectly, but another thing he told me was i was leaking from my head gasket. Hmm thats not to good i need to find a head gasket and fix this soon.

leaking from headgasket? ahhh yeah I’ve never seen a car leaking from the headgasket. You prob mean your leaking oil from your valve cover gasket.

Valve cover gasket no way, that i would notice in the dark lol. Its actualy the headgasket… I cant tell how bad it is for now, hopefully it doesnt wreck my block like my mustang, coolant mixed with the oil and fucked up my block.

Nah, I doubt it. Many mustang models were notorious for that from what i’ve heard.

However, “head gasket” is never something I like to hear from a mechanic. :x

Not a big deal if it’s the headgasket.

I did mine with no previous experience in 2-3 nights. (Minus waiting for machine work/parts). If you need a walkthrough, let me know.

I might do it prob after winter… It should last perfectly until almost summer so i’ll do it after winter ends, i just dont like hearing about head gaskets or anything than can cost thousands of dollars in the end.

Thousands of dollars? How?

Head Gasket = ~$60 for a felpro from partsource
Lower intake manifold gasket (needed when you remove it from the head) = $15 from nissan
Spray can gasket remover = $6
Oil and coolant for refil = $30
New head bolts = $60
Optional head planning if warped = ~$80

Add your own labour and done.

If you mean it could cause bottom end failure through coolant leaking into the oil, then it still wouldn’t cost more then a few hundred for a used long block.

Head gasket is an afternoon job and will cost you 55 for gasket and few bucks for exhaust mani gaskets. Take the whole head off with the intake mani attached, its alot easier and faster. Don’t forget to mark the timing chain and make sure the tensioner doesn’t come all the way out cause its a PITA sometimes to get it back in from the angle your at.

Andrew.

EDIT: I just realized you have a DOHC hehe, you also have to take the upper timing cover off, so you will need some liquid gasket. And you can disregard prov with tensioner :slight_smile:

wtf? mustang…pfft…
you mean your red eagle vista gt mustang? and who you goto for mechanic? hopefully not canadian tire. :x

Sometimes headgaskets can go that way. Some will leak air and not coolant. Usually that happens when people re-use old head bolts, or don’t use proper tightening sequences. Basically there is a small stress point that blows out.

but if it’s “leaking” why wait?

Best case scenario you won’t do any damage beyond having a shitty running car.

Worst case … well, what you did to your mustang.

Although Usually when a jobber mechanic says “it’s about headgasket time” …

it means he needs to buy himself or his wife something nice.

Hhaha good point, i dont see any leaking, just looks like it used to, I dunno only time will tell and if it gets worse in a year or 2 i might have another car or an sr20… so its alrght with me.

Drive it untill it dies. Ka’s are cheap.

lol… problem is they dont die. :evil:

Haha, ya they are very durable. Anyways if anybody knows where i can get some clear signal lights except from ebay lemme know i wanna get some.