starting problem

Alright so after my car gets warmed up I seem to have quite the starting issue.

When I go to crank my car it will chug for a bit, crank, catch then die almost right away. I can do this 3 or 4 times before it will actually fire up.

At first it seemed like i was having ignition problems, so i changed spark plugs, wires and the coil is coming in tommorow, it fixed nothing.

So now im thinking is this the fuel possibly, it starts up quicker when i stand on the gas…

Soooo.

Ideas?

I’ve got the EXACT same problem. My car starts fine in the morning, but when its warm, it takes forever to start. Exactly as you described.

I’m still asking around for solutions but I’ll post any I find as soon as I find them.

So basically, you’re not alone on this one, lol.

Cheers

coolant temp sensor???
it might fcuked up and give a cold engine signal to ecu so it gives more fuel to the enigne to start…

I talked to my buddy at Kingston Nissan and basically Zeta_G is right on the money.

Its most likely an engine temp sensor somewhere giving the ECU a false signal. Best thing is to just replace it.

sweet awsome thanks guys

i m having the exact same problem, doesn’t that just suck.

I just recently replaced my sending unit, and my car starts the first time around, and stays on but then like you were saying it turns off once it warms off and thas the end of it for basically the rest of the day. The temp sensor being the problem seems reasonable except for in my case it would have to have occured out of nowhere becuase the car was fine before.

But I will check it out, thanks
gYANI

I’ve recently started using Sunoco’s Ultra 94 and my problem seems to have disappeared. Like it will still nearly “die” but it always catches on and holds. The 94 might not have solved the problem, it might have just made the problem a bit smaller. I’m still going with the temp. sensor as the part to fix.

Try the Sunoco 94 and see what it does, but at ~1.15$ a litre it might not fly too well with your wallet :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers