"checking" the coolant temperature sensor

Hi everyone

Lately my car wont start when its still hot, ie when i shut it off, go into a store for say 20 mins, then come back out and start it, it bogs out and dies, if you give it gas sometimes it seems to ignore your throttle input at idle, and other times it sputters till about 2000 rpm, revs up, and solves the problem. Only does this when the engine is still relatively warm though.

Ive just last week changed the fuel filter and plugs- so im thinking its the CTS. I know before i read something about being able to check that sensor with a voltmeter…any ideas folks?

I had the exact same problem on my old motor, changed the sensor, still didnt fix it…
hope that helps.

check for leaky injectors. my car did the same thing and i narrowed it down to that, i had 2 motors at the time and leak tested all 8 to find the best ones. it never did it after that.

i built a half ass injector tester out of a old fule rail and a 2x4 with holes drilled in it, and used screws to hold the rail down to the 2x4. i used the my cars fuel pump to pressureize the rail, the looked for leaking.

Mike

would there be visible leaks or gas smell at the fuel rail if this was the case:?