Coolant Temp Sensor Issues

Hi guys,

Bought a kouki s14 SR swapped car that was having no start issues. I diagnosed and determined it was likely the coolant temp sensor. Looked at the sensor and it seems brand new, like the previous owner had already tried replacing that to fix the issue. However, I’ve since determined the issue HAS to be the CTS. Here’s the symptoms:

-After driving the car and getting it to temp, if I shut it off for ~45mins and try to restart it, it will not catch. It cranks and cranks and absolutely STINKS of fuel.
-When the car is running while warm, it hunts for idle - sometimes stalls when coming to a stop/idling if I don’t increase the rpm.
-At temp the car feels super sluggish. I know there’s a boost leak, but I wouldn’t expect it to feel like this.
-Car stinks of gas like its always running rich.
-Car is getting fuel and spark
-Car is absolutely timed correctly because when it does run, it runs really smooth (minus intake/boost leak)

I realized if I pulled the harness plug that connects the injectors, I could get the car to start. Then plugging it back in allowed it to run. THEN I realized the CTS is also part of this plug/harness. Yesterday I unplugged the CTS itself. Now the car struggles on first start, but if I give it gas its ok. Within 30 seconds it idles fine. It still drives super rich…but never gives the no-start and crappy idle issues.

Anyone have similar experience? I’d like to swap out the CTS but I’ve heard mixed things about using a KA sensor vs a proper SR one. Is this true? If so, where can I get the proper part?

Thanks for any help guys.