Starting to ATV shop

Im starting to look. anyone know of any for sale. Im leaning towards a LTZ400, but open to others.

also, the wife wants a 250, so if you know of those also

Tom clark motorsports had some leftover 07 honda 250 sport quads for like 2800, which i thought was a great deal (this was a few weeks ago though.) I think you’d be happy with the Z, in my opinion its the best sport quad for trail riding.

I picked up my 08 z400 for 3900 last year from Bentley’s in Canonsburg.

Just call around and see if anyone has left-overs. Thats the best way to buy new and get good deals.

Edit: If going used, i wouldn’t get anything modified…these are usually not done right and have alot of reliability issues. Should be able to find a nice used Z for less than 3 grand

Hondas are my choice but the z400 is a nice quad. Don’t waste your time on a 250 unless its solely for the wife. I have been out of the game for a little while but most are semi-auto so she should not have much trouble. Depending on her skill level if they still make the good old 300ex or a new variant, but they are fully manual.

quick306 is correct. Try to buy as stock as possible. Even if it has just a slip on exhaust chances are they did not jet it properly. When you go to look at one, make sure the motor is ice cold before they start it. Make sure they did not try to warm it up prior to you coming over. Listen to how fast the motor starts over when cranking and watch the tailpipe for smoke.

Other tips once you get a quad of your choice change the oil religiously. Get good oil.

Buy an GOOD helmet with different certifications. Not el cheapo.

Buy a six pack rack : )

I know my dad might be selling his newer 400ex with reverse since his health has worsened past being able to ride ever again. It’s like brand new but I doubt he is willing to let go. Ill get back to you on it if you want but I would not hold your breath.

cool. thanks. i have my eye on one that has some mods. looks like it was done up alright. im taking a buddy with my to look at it. we are going to do a compression test on it for sure