Startup rattle - months after timing chain replacement

Because im rebuilding my engine I though I might ask this just so I dont miss replacing something I need to. I had a shop replace my timing chain about a year ago because it was shot (rattled like crazy on startup). The rattling went away, then after like 2 months when i start the car it makes a ton of rattling noise/metal noise. Anybody ever has this problem? Is it seals worn out or somethign causing the oil to drain to the bottom? the noise goes away after about 3 seconds. And if the engine is completly warmed up it dosen’t do it, if not it will mildly do it. I want to pinpoint this because I dont want to end up tearing apart the engine again to fix it.

anybody?

Ummm timing chain guides are broken?

240’s are known for timing chain rattle because of the guides breaking off, but you said that the chain has already been replaced so i assume that the guides were replaced too.
The best thing to do is take the motor apart and check and see if it needs anything.
last but not least you’re always gonna get a chain rattle for a couple of seconds at startup until oil pressure builds up at the tensioner, specially in cold weather. I hope this has helped.

guides were replaced… and this rattle is really loud, there is no way the timing chain should rattle that much on startup with it being brand new and all… hmmmm i’ll have to tear it apart think lifters or something have something to do with it? what other parts internanally can be wornout to cause a rattle/loud metal noise on startup

Have you ever done an oil flush? (With an additive)
The lifters are hydraulic and if they are all gummed up they take longer to build pressure and you’ll get a rattle at start.
My buddy’s 240 did that until we flushed it a few times.