State troopers out in force v. 400-90-290

On my way to class I spotted 5 state troopers on the 400, 90 and 290 pulling people over. Just a heads up.

What a coincidence that it’s the end of the month. But oh no, we don’t have quotas. :roll2:

THX for the heads up

:lol:

i have never heard anyone outside of the WNY area use the word “the” before their freeways.

Highway 1.

Not The Highway 1.

The 490

not 490.

just a note.

There is no quota per cop by their rules. Its just pressure from the top when their budget relies on X dollars from tickets and they have only written <X.

Haha

I take the 400 home, thanks. :tup:

Def a western NY thing. My GF and her whole family says “the” <<highway>> and Im like :uhh:

If you ever see a blue trailblazer on the seneca street overpass on the 400 he is radaring, he also will park and sit down behind the bridge with a radar gun. They do it alot, never speed until after the overpass and the turn around on the 400 from the 90. I travel it everyday.

So the cops don’t have quota’s, just their departments?

A Cheektowaga cop told me that they don’t have quotas and it doesn’t matter how many tickets they give out, but that it does for state troopers and they have the quotas.

told you this?

Do you still leave cookies out for Santa?

LOL…

Looks like I’m taking a different way to work… so far I’m at a running total of 6 tickets if I get nailed lol… ugh I need to find a winter car already and get it on the road lol. I see no point in getting my car inspected for the year at this point lol

400 was empty on my way home at 6

Its a buffalo thing. We replace the word interstate with “The.”

Highway 1 would be Highway 1 however. Never heard anyone butcher that. You might say take Main Street to Buffalo but you don’t take Scajaquada to Buffalo or Youngman to buffalo. You say the Scajauda or the Youngman, instead of take Route 33 you say take the 33.

ugh tell me about it… I have 6 pending right now, all steming from getting pulled over by troopers for not having a front plate. funny, I was just fine driving like that until august, then I got nailed 3x in one week. I have to go to chaffee for 2 of them FML

WS was out in full force today, saw at least 24 people pulled over from 10am-3pm on union

I’ve never heard anyone outside of WNY say pop either but since we are in WNY who cares?

I haven’t been pulled over but…

Inspection was up in april, no front license plate, I have no idea where my license is, nor do i know if my registration and insurance is actually in my car lol… just to name a few.

Yes. Each department has a budget. They have their income from state funding and then anything they pay for. No cop has to write say 300 tickets but each department has a amount on their budget that is income from tickets they estimate so they know as the month goes on that they are short and need to write more. Also they are pressured if the average cop is writing 350 tickets a month and you are only writing 150 it looks bad.