Steel city

So is anybody going this weekend?

i haven’t been to a race since i quit racing. stewart isn’t racing which means carmichael is gonna checkout like always.

ya, i’ll be…and not be paying to get in or for pit passes :boink …anyone that goes be sure to buy stuff i designed…lol…

ya, no stewart and reed = :zzz: easy win for RC and he’ll lock the title

I’ll be down there at least for the pro nationals on sunday, and hope to see Broc do well.

I don’t know if I’m going for saturday and camping since I don’t know anyone racing on saturday and I don’t drink anymore and I really prefer to stay in a nice bed in air conditioning vs. sleeping in a car or tent.

i really really really wanted to race on friday and saturday, but laidoff means lack of money. it would have cost me at the very least $150 to race just one day.

ya, i’d want to race too but i dunno if thats a track i want to race on after not having raced in like 2 years now. i’m gonna be down for just sunday too, cause i dont feel like camping or anything.

my cousins boyfriend is a security person, he said he’ll get me in free if i want to go.

don, let me know if u r goin…or if anyone else wants to meet up. i’ll be down there w/ up-and-coming Factory Honda rider, bics56 :greddy: and a few of my other buddies.

I will be there. WHy isnt stewart racing? I havent been following. So much for there being any competitive 2-strokes i dont even know if i wanna go now because its just gonna be a route by carmichael :wtf:

The following release is from Kawasaki…

Team Kawasaki rider James Stewart will not be competing in the final two rounds of the AMA Motocross Championship in Delmont, Pa., and San Bernardino, Calif. After careful consideration Kawasaki and Stewart determined that the best course of action to take would be for Stewart to rehabilitate from previous injuries and focus on the upcoming U.S. Open and ’06 Supercross and Motocross season.

also, i heard a ‘rumor’ that he had been argueing w/ kawasaki bosses about letting him ride the 06 KXF450 for the second half of the nationals. kawasaki couldve been cleared to let him ride it but chose not to because he has been riding irratic outdoors this season and they thought it would make the new bike look bad. james was fed up w/ thryin to ride the wheels off of his 250 and sorta canned the season after he was denied. like i said, dunno how true any of this actually is. i hope none of it cause i’d like to think james can be competitve on the 250 and WANTS to try to win w/ the bike he has been given this year, but u never know. if he is hurt tho i hope he gets better soon, its been a rough season for him.

I could see that being the case bout the 450’s because really at a track like steel city with the long hills and openness of it, the 450 will dominate. I dont think that it is neccesary to have a 450 to compete, but the cc limits of the 250 are def holding them back. Now maybe if u were allowed bore and stroke modifications, the would be no need for the 450. A 300+ cc kx would own them all!

plus w/ the fuel ristrictions they have out on 2strokes, it really limits how far they can take the engines to coax more power out of the 2strokes to compete against the 4strokes. and u r right, if they really wanted to, they could just let the 2 strokes get alittle bump up in displacement in each class and it would be a level playing field again. but the fact is the 2stroke burns oil into the atmosphere and thats a big :nono: which is why they r basically being phased out :squint:

hijacking this post, but I don’t think 2 strokes are going to go away for a long time. I know kawasaki shit canned the 125 and most of the big companies are starting to develop some type of 125 or 150 cc 4 stroke to run in the 80 class.

What makes the 2 stroke so great is the cost and ease of maintaince. Most top ends for a 2 stroke will run you $150 or less. Good luck even getting a modern era 4 stroke looked at for $150.

A monkey can put a top end in a 2 stroke. I’ve seen it! (well it was acutally a friend of mine, but very closely related to a monkey)

The maintaince schedule for most 4 strokes is between 10 and 20 hours and it has to go in for valve shimming and a top end.

Costs of 4 strokes will eventually come down, reliability will go up, and eventually people will buy more of them. As more 2 strokes sit on showroom floors unsold at the end of each season, dealers will stop ordering them from the manufacturers and they will in turn stop making them.

4strokes sales are phasing out 2 strokes.

I’m going up today with my f-in-law & daughter. smokey, i’ll pm you my cell number, not sure i remember what you look like.

i bet he’s already there jeff if iwas going i would have been ther by 8am

ya, i sent u a PM back Jeff. i just got your PM now so i didnt see urs. hope u had fun tho!!

Well it was a great race this weekend. I’m pretty happy that Hepler went 1-1 and beat Alessi. I guess that goes to show that red hair and yellow bikes are an unbeatable combination.

Where was everybody sitting at. I was over in the Kittanning/Hepler section on the camping side with all the Hepler banners. I was sitting on top of the converted ambulance with a nice view of the track.

family section

i was all over. chillin VIP status at the Makita semi and goin all over. :beer: “125” race was pretty cool. the only thing cool about the “250” race was RC doin whips and pointin to the crowd over every jump while pulling on 2nd place like 2 seconds every lap…besides that it was boring. i wish stewart and reed were there. plus i hate how there r no 2strokes.