Steelers Are Keeping it "Real" at Heinz Field

i think they are dumping the DD grass master… its gonna be all real and supposedly not the shit grown in florida… real REAL grass…like the shit you find in ur backyard. obviously without crab grass and weeds thou.

they are sacrificing strength for drainage. they need more dirt base so the grass can take strong roots… i’m not expert but i worked grounds crew at a golf course for a few years so i know a lil. right now heinz is too much sand.

on a side note. i talked to a coach from Central and he said while the grass looked brown on TV, the playing surface was very ideal by the 4th game of the WPIAL championships and footing was not a problem. A lot of time when you see guys slip in NFL games is because they dont wear long cleats for fear they will catch and tear up their knee… so its really more their fault for bad footing than it is the surface. the miami game was a complete screw up on the part of the NFL, they pretty much forced the steelers to lay sod down because they wanted the grass to look pretty for MNF. I dont understand why it has to look like a pretty game board…its a football field, it should be tore up and muddy, thats steeler football!