Steelers press conference

Steelers called a rare unscheduled press conference for 10am today. Probably going to be bad news for big Ben.

^ fuckers

Roethlisberger questionable for Sunday’s game in Green Bay
November 2, 2005

PITTSBURGH (AP) – Ben Roethlisberger sat out Wednesday’s practice with a right knee injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game in Green Bay.

He said he feels better than he did three weeks ago after a sustaining a left knee injury during a Monday night game.

I was on crutches, so obviously I was a little bit worse,'' the Steelers quarterback said.It’s just a little sore thing, but we’ll get better.’’

Roethlisberger declined comment Wednesday about the results of an MRI examination Tuesday morning. He referred ``knee questions’’ to coach Bill Cowher, who didn’t talk to reporters Wednesday, but said Tuesday that the initial diagnosis was a strain.

Roethlisberger said he wants to play, but ``obviously the final decision comes from Coach Cowher. I’m going to give him my opinion; the doctors will give him their opinion and he’s going to have the final say.’’

Three weeks ago, Roethlisberger hyperextended his left knee on the final series of the Monday night game against the San Diego Chargers. He didn’t practice all week, but begged Cowher to let him play the following Sunday against Jacksonville.

Instead, Cowher started Tommy Maddox and designated Roethlisberger as the emergency quarterback. Roethlisberger started the following two games and played most of Monday night’s game against Baltimore with the injured right knee.

He sustained the injury on the first series of the game. After throwing a 5-yard pass to Antwaan Randle El, he was hit on the knee by Baltimore defensive end Jarret Johnson. He came up limping, but on fourth down ran a quarterback sneak for a first down. Four plays later, he threw a touchdown pass to Heath Miller and went to the sideline to don a brace.

Everyone that watched the game and knows how I play could tell there was something on my knee,'' Roethlisberger said.I didn’t feel as mobile. We took it off at halftime and taped it and it felt a lot better. If I can go without a brace, I’m going to do it.’’

Also at halftime, Roethlisberger hinted to Cowher he might not be able to finish the game.

``If I can’t go out there and play to the best of my ability and help this team, I’m going to have to tell him I can’t do it,’’ Roethlisberger said.

But he finished the game and directed the Steelers to a 20-19 win with a 60-yard winning field goal drive late in the fourth quarter. Roethlisberger completed 18 of a career-high 30 pass attempts for 177 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. He was sacked twice.

Asked if the recent injuries worry him about his future, he said, ``I understand that everyone always worries about longevity and a long career and this and that, but I’m living for this year right now. So, no, we’ll see what we can do for this year.’’

If Roethlisberger doesn’t play, Charlie Batch will make his first NFL start since 2001, when he played for the Lions.

batch fuckin ownz

hopefully its just to announce he wont play and that’ll be the worst of it. if its anything more than that, then thats no good.

I think the special olympics can do better than maddox

Batch + Fast Willie > ****

i turn on the radio to see what’s up and a commercial for ‘height max’ comes on…

“i’m concerned about my son jesse’s height, he’s not very tall for 15… have you tried heightmax it’s blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids maximize height” some yinzer somewhere will be mixing crushed heightmax in their kids cereal before basketball season starts :rofl:

oh yeah, no news on the conference yet

ben had knee surgury last nite… arthroscopic on a lateral miniscus tear

ya, damn. well it sucks but i hope he gets better. hopefully the rest of the team will respond and step it up behind C. Batch.

out 1-2 weeks

that sucks. It seems the rest of the team quits when Ben doesn’t play. I hope Batch is a little bit better than Maddox was.

bettis is out too

damn whats up with him???

at least maddox isnt in there, i HIGHLY doubt Batch could do worse or even as bad as maddox’s performance last week.

DAMMIT he’s out 1-2 weeks? I thought it was not as bad as the hyper-extension. WTF :mad:

Roethlishberger Has Knee Surgery
News Conference Confirms Successful Surgery

POSTED: 9:46 am EST November 3, 2005
UPDATED: 10:46 am EST November 3, 2005

PITTSBURGH – Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had arthroscopic surgery early Thursday morning to repair damaged cartilage in his right knee.

Coach Cowher speculates he will be out for 1-2 weeks.

Charlie Batch will start on Sunday, with Tommy Maddox as the number two quarterback. Antwaan Randle El will be the team’s emergency quarterback.

“Charlie is excited about it,” said Cowher. “It’s about our football team. We talked about it Wednesday and again this morning. Good football teams win close games. Good football teams have quality depth and when guys are asked to step in, there is not a drop off. Ideally you go through your season and don’t lose anybody. Those are rare occasions.”

charlie batch better play good… i really dont want to se maddox in

bettis is out but no one reported on what the fuck is worng with him besides a hurt knee. I hate the media and the fan that act like big ben is the only steeler on the team.

i was wondering if i was the only one who didnt know when noone responded to my question about him.

he is the only person on the team who means anything. With everything the same except for maddox in the game, they lost to jacksonville for christs sake. If they have the depth they think they have, we should have been able to put a high school qb in there and beat jacksonville. :smiley: