sti or srt4

srt-4.

cause you can get it now. In 2 years the new sti’s look like shit, and in 2 years you wont be able to find a used one, with under 30k miles, and not beaten to shit.

^Impatience of the American youth :stuck_out_tongue:

PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. Think about what will make you happier in the long run. The right car will come along, but sometimes it takes time to save up for and find that car.

Regardless of being two totally different cars, depending on what you want each car could make you very happy or unhappy. If you want a drag car (no autocross or the such) buy the srt-4. It is already cheaper out of the box, walks an STi from a roll (pending driver, most subaru owners don’t know how to roll race) and is much more cost efficient to mod for straight line speed.
Now if you plan on buying an STi, I hope you have a lot of money. I recently looked at picking one up, theyre 34k brand new. That’s 14k more than an srt4. Not to mention my insurance was close to $200 a month (for the STI, its 120 now for the wrx). Not to mention, mods for the STi are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than the srt4. Your run of the mill STi guy buys an FP green and supporting mods which are:
FP Green turbo = $1200 or so
FMIC = $999 for txs (cheapest)
Short Ram = $250
Injectors = $400-600
Fuel Pump = $90
ECU = $600 - $1000 (pending dyno reflash or piggyback)
Turbo-back = $800-1200
Typical owners with the setup hit about 320-340whp. Money spent for power gained :tdown:
My advice is to buy an Evo.

lol… 2 completely different cars… and it all depends on your situation in life right now… you cant ask other people that question…

hmmm I’m thinking about getting either a new civic today… or possibly saving up for 10 years and putting a down payment on a new ferrari… which car should I get?

edit: reason being for the first comment… what are you driving now? how is it running? do you NEED a new car? what are your other options to put your money into… every choice will have its opportunity cost…

It may not be a straight line car, but keep in mind that Mark Daddio should have won his class easily with the car if it handled worth a shit (He actually placed 5th, not 3rd at Topeka). Lack of camber adjustment kills that car, and it is the zero front camber that is the basis for calling it a straight line car. Tom Ernst also co-drove one at the Lake Erie Speedway event (an '04, with the LSD) and was complaining about how bad the car understeered and refused to rotate, even with 60psi in the rear tires.

Now, if they fix the inherent flaws with the ACR version, then they might have a car that handles like the Neons of old. They’ve already done one thing right which was to get rid of the stupid 17x6 wheels and went with something like 16x7. They just need to put out a TSB that lets the struts get slotted so they can get some camber (like Chevy has done with the Cobalt SS).

i have a grinder that can fix that in under an hour !

just make sure that you fab some covers so the dealer never notices

Get the SRT-4, waiting sucks.

X…

umm except these 2 dont go together.

and seriously, sti. jesus christ i cant believe anyone would even have a hard time deciding between the 2. i can see if you cant really afford the sti and could pick up an srt4 right away wheras youd have to wait a couple of years for the subi. but other than that, shouldnt even be a question.

This really has nothing to do with the dealer, but it plays a huge role in stock class SCCA competition. No TSB = no slotting in stock class.