thinking of selling the cobra for a year round car

so for awhile now iv been thinking of selling or trading my cobra for an evo or an sti. leaning more towards the evo. i plan on buying a house soon and it would help free up some money. the reasoning for the evo, sti is its AWD so i can drive it year round and still have a fun car for the summer, and im more or less thinking evo because of the price of parts and easier to work on. what do you guys think? and is there anyone around here you might know of that would be interested in trading?

thanks,
Jeremy

evo > sti
just dont get a white one, like all of your friends have white ones lol

I like your cobra… so i say no go.

if your going to DD it, get an sti…

yea i know right lol i like that dark graphite color, the bright blue, and i never had a bright color car so red, yellow, etc would be cool

Why is that?

Fold down seat, more comfy around town, etc etc.

Do a burnnnoutttt ! dear jer, if you buy a house before me everyday im doing a burnout infront of it …! dont get a sti or evo, get a cobalt SS TURBO !

Keep the cobra and get a beater!

i have a truck and my friggin cobat ss that will not sell but i think the cobra would sell fast along with the blazer

I agree with Wahoo, get a beater and be done with it.

I’ll trade ya a GT for the Cobra. lol.

But seriously, I’d go for the STI. Then again, I’m a Subie die hard so that opinion is slightly biased.

If you want something that you aren’t going to mod much I would go with the Sti. I have driven both and owned a Sti and I like the way they feel stock much better(other than the front seats).However if you plan on modding it I would go with an Evo. I think they are much easier to work on and can take more of a beating.

Jer ill trade you straight up lol

man, I was seeing your cobalt on CL for cheap. you cant give that thing away. I want a STI as a DD as well but seeing that you already have a dream car of mines, I would def keep the cobra. Ever think about trading the cobalt in as DP on a evo?

if you want more than 300hp reliably and not have a ticking timebomb get an evo

Do you really need a 400whp daily?

I don’t think you will save money if your plan is to mod the evo. Factor in th cost of mods, plus upkeep on a car with double the stock horsepower. Insurance on cobras is cheaper than evos too(usually).

Handling is where it’s at. You don’t need an STi or evo to handle. Why not get an older wrx or bmw 3 series. Not fast, but not slow either, and they both handle well. I know for me personally, having a daily with a lot of modding potential is a terrible idea. Get a car that doesn’t have a ton of hidden potential. That way you won’t be that tempted to dump a ton of money into something and make it less reliable, especially when it has to get you to work.

You could KB the cobra, have 600+ rwhp and it would be as reliable as a 400awhp evo. Plus you wouldn’t be depending on it everyday. If you sell the cobalt and the blazer you could definitely get something fun and cheaper that handles well and is a nice comfy daily.

Just me, but I hear “new house”, and need a “year round car”.

Why not get a truck with an extended cab and a bed.

When you get a new house, you will be living at the home depot, and will be kicking your self in the ass when you try to put lumber or landscaping mulch in your STI or EVO…

I would get a newer body F150 with a crew cab and the short bed.

completely false statements, if you want a dd get an sti simple as that.

newman told me that same statement