Sti vs. Evo

Damn, i must have missed this thread. So my input might do a bit of justice considering I switched from WRX owner to Evo 9 owner.

If you crave power and want just a few add ons to go fast…EVO. But like Mike said, I wouldnt buy anything other than an Evo 9. Now I have no comparison due to the fact that I havent owned an Evo 8 but Ive heard people throw a good amount of money in modding the 8, and it still slow compared to modding a 9. I’ve spent a great deal of money into my wrx and it felt like it kept getting slower. I’ve never owned an STI, most of my friends do, so i cannot comment on power advantages. Ive driven the STI and if your looking for a DD then thats the sure way to go. I DD my Evo and absolutely love it but my G/F hates the fact that its a very “bouncy car”.

Second thought to consider.

Rob has got a valid point. I’m starting to learn the true meaning of DSM and how Mitsubishi service dept. (Ray Laks, Dan Georger) will not help you with anything. I’m having issues with my shifter linkage… ect. Having issues since June 2007. The slightest little mod and Mitsubishi crys about it. When I had my WRX they didnt really mind I had a few things done to it and right on the spot solved my issues.

The reason I chose the Evo over the STI:
Price, insurance (if you can believe it), research as to what I intended/ wanted to do with the car. Also how can you go wrong, the Evo was in the 3rd Fast and Furious movie…j/k I really wanted an 05 STI but I looked every where with Little success. Do some research, listen to your fellow NYspeeder’s reviews. If you want a ride in the Evo, I’d be more than happy to give you one.