Stockcarboys's Volkswagen Small Block V8 Golf Build

dont bother shaving them, it will crack unless you weld it. Cant you just find stock fenders?

i like pretty much all of the car minus those fenders. the front bumper, kamei grille, skirts etc, all look decent to me.

no the fenders are fiber glass i want to stay with fiber glass there lighter and dont ding.

yes but instead of ding, they shatter.

I’m not knocking you in any way, just pointing out something I’ve witnessed countless times.

I think you mean 180, right?

yea :lol

sorry i moved to first page

ahhhh bringing me back to the the old days of this:

this is how i ran it for months until i finished off the interior:

keep up the good work. ;D

:nod great pics

lol thanks, just reminiscing on my passat. :sad

Looking good, that wiring mess is the definition of fun.

Used dry ice to get rid of sound deadening?

yea dry ice is the best for removing sound deadening. I just leave the ice there 5 minits then tap it with a hammer and it shatters . its nice last time i ruined a lot of cloths and tools with all the blk tar.

now get some nice sheet metal and cut it out to make a interior door skin !

on a side note, do you have aol instant messenger? if so, PM me your name

Have you tried looking for another bare shell? I know your pretty far along with your project and everything but I don’t know how involved you are on the actual shell. If you get that sunroof patched professionally, you might be able to find a shell on Vortex for the same price or close to what you’d be willing to spend. Just a thought.

isn’t removing all of that from the doors somewhat of a safety issue?

Are you doing a full cage?

What will you be using for side protection? the “x” or ‘nascar bars’ or what?

yea the doors are not as strong but i will be running door bars I’m not sure how I’m going to run the door bars. the door bars all depend on ware everything lands.

a lot of new pics there all on the first page keeping every thing together.

:lol new thread title is funny, but if you paint it it shouldnt look bad