Stockcarboys's Volkswagen Small Block V8 Golf Build

i was talking about the interior being ugly . no one can look past all the colors being mixed one day it will have a nice shinny paint job not positive what color

go for black, white, or that metallic grey color that some audi’s and porshe’s come in

i was thinking of maybe the green that my getta is . it dont stand out but its a really nice color.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/trip013.jpg

You’re long past “Street Legal Race Car” at this point. Removing the door bars pretty much rules out street usage, ever. You get hit by a shopping cart, you’re calling an ambulance.

lol roll cage i will be on the street kindof legal if any one bitches i will make temporary fixes . the door braces bolt in .

you have a good point it will be really easy to put the bars in for the street so if i do get hit by a bird it dont crease my door then remove them out for the track

yeah and i hope you use a shitload of padding around the passenger compartment on that cage…and or wear a helmet on the street…

yea pading is a must . but when is your head near the bottom of the window to come in contact with cage and if it is your screwed anyway :runaway (crash)
with a 6pt harness and the seats my head wont come anyware near the side or back bars

i cant wait to see that thing on the road and at the lot in the spring :nod

me too^

all the hard work thats being put in to it will pay off.

^^^^ me to . o wait it wont be this spring :lol the motor has to be swapped then torn apart bored from 2.8l to 3.ol drop the compreshion to 8:1 or 9:1 .Then with the short runner intake i need to put biger valves and all the fun that comes with matching porting polishing new forged pistons ,rods. + was thinking of accel d f i stand alone … :ponder… o shit got to go to work

are you going to be using the c2 quick flow?

sweet ass shorty for the vr.

yea i love that intake

really good news for me the long wait for my step dad to get ready to weld in my cage has come to an end . he is ready so this weekend i will be welding the floor plates . then soon the cage. pics will be up

If this is going to be more of a road race car I would go with 9:1 cr or even maybe a little higher to keep a little of boost power and help that turbo spool quick. If its a drag car then go for 8:1 and boost the hell out of it. Im eventually boosting my LS1 and when I do Im keeping my 10:1 cr. It sounds like you are building a street/strip/autoX car so you would probably be the most satisfied with a 9:1 cr
Also… You may want to reconsider where you put the fuel and brake lines and wires cause some scca class rules require that even fuel and brake lines be routed thru the interior for safety. You can always cover them with some sheet metal later and paint it to match but I believe for the event they have to remain visible. Im not trying to bash your build, it looks good, just throwin some ideas out there

awesome news about the cage bro. :bowdown maybe some day i’ll stop by if i have time. i’d love to see the progress in person.

hell yea i like your thoughts makes a`lot of seance . i was still on the fence about what i wanted the comprestion to be your right for road coarse i want the 9:1 and with my turbo not being giant i want the compression for power until the turbo spools.
thanks .

germanmusclecars
stop by anytime .

lemme know when you are gonna be working on it, and if my schedule provides i’m there dude. :nod

new updates on 1st page /pics welded 2 front plates in for cage and started patching 2 floor holes

some decent progress!!! can’t see much in the pics, but some nice goodies there too. great choice on the seats and harnesses. ;D