STOLEN ALERT: 2007 Honda CRF150R

I dunno then I guess. :frowning:

MV-82 registration/title application says the requirements to complete are; acceptable proof of ownership, proof of inspection, etc.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv821.pdf

Acceptable poof of ownership:

1. If the vehicle is purchased from a dealer in New York State:

New a. a Retail Certificate of Sale (MV-50) and
b. a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO)

Used a. a Retail Certificate of Sale (MV-50) and
b. either a title (for a 1973 or newer vehicle) or a
transferable registration (for a 1972 or older vehicle).

1. If the vehicle was purchased from a private owner:
    In New York State:

a. 1973 or newer vehicle - original title showing transfer, or
b. 1972 or older vehicle - original transferable registration showing
transfer, and
c. the original bill of sale.

Maybe because the stuff you see coming and going is coming from state surplus falls under the “If the vehicle is purchased from a dealer in New York State:” and the new choice??? Thats the only way I see it working as per the text in the requirements. Anything used from dealer, it says you need a title transferred to the new power. EVERYTHING used private part is title transfer only for proof of ownership. So i guess if you dont buy it new and immediately apply for title, the machine will never get a title?

The only machine I ever had titled/registered/insured was a 2000 Yamaha Warrior I bought from a dealer, with a personal loan. The bank required insurance until it was paid. so it had to get registered. so it needed a title. so the dealer got one.

My YFZ’s didnt have titles. All the dirt bikes never had titles. My KTM super moto had a title, becasue it was produced with the intent to be on the road and registered from day one.

Utility quads come with titled because they somewhat like the ktm are intended for use on farms or property, and that would require them crossing the roads. Which you can do legally within 500 feet travel on public roads only when going to and from property or trails in which you are allowed to use the machine on.

A sport quad and racing dirtbikes are meant to be used on a track, thats it thats all. The only ones you see registered/insured or even on the road are because someone pulled some serious strings to get it done. or did it out of state initally, then transferred it in to nys.

Annnd. with the trailers and all. They can be inspected and re-vin numbered easy as pie, and then retitled without much fuss. I would like to see someone dump off a CRF150R to a dmv and say I want a title, registration and plate. :rofl until then I stand firm. lol