STOLEN ALERT: 2007 Honda CRF150R

I dunno then I guess. :frowning:

MV-82 registration/title application says the requirements to complete are; acceptable proof of ownership, proof of inspection, etc.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv821.pdf

Acceptable poof of ownership:

1. If the vehicle is purchased from a dealer in New York State:

New a. a Retail Certificate of Sale (MV-50) and
b. a Manufacturerā€™s Certificate of Origin (MCO)

Used a. a Retail Certificate of Sale (MV-50) and
b. either a title (for a 1973 or newer vehicle) or a
transferable registration (for a 1972 or older vehicle).

1. If the vehicle was purchased from a private owner:
    In New York State:

a. 1973 or newer vehicle - original title showing transfer, or
b. 1972 or older vehicle - original transferable registration showing
transfer, and
c. the original bill of sale.

Maybe because the stuff you see coming and going is coming from state surplus falls under the ā€œIf the vehicle is purchased from a dealer in New York State:ā€ and the new choice??? Thats the only way I see it working as per the text in the requirements. Anything used from dealer, it says you need a title transferred to the new power. EVERYTHING used private part is title transfer only for proof of ownership. So i guess if you dont buy it new and immediately apply for title, the machine will never get a title?

The only machine I ever had titled/registered/insured was a 2000 Yamaha Warrior I bought from a dealer, with a personal loan. The bank required insurance until it was paid. so it had to get registered. so it needed a title. so the dealer got one.

My YFZā€™s didnt have titles. All the dirt bikes never had titles. My KTM super moto had a title, becasue it was produced with the intent to be on the road and registered from day one.

Utility quads come with titled because they somewhat like the ktm are intended for use on farms or property, and that would require them crossing the roads. Which you can do legally within 500 feet travel on public roads only when going to and from property or trails in which you are allowed to use the machine on.

A sport quad and racing dirtbikes are meant to be used on a track, thats it thats all. The only ones you see registered/insured or even on the road are because someone pulled some serious strings to get it done. or did it out of state initally, then transferred it in to nys.

Annnd. with the trailers and all. They can be inspected and re-vin numbered easy as pie, and then retitled without much fuss. I would like to see someone dump off a CRF150R to a dmv and say I want a title, registration and plate. :rofl until then I stand firm. lol

i feel so bad for you mike :(ā€¦ you are probably one of the few legit genuine people on here! i hope you find it!!!

Thanks Pete. That is much appreciated man, I mean it.

Thanks to everyone else calling, texting, pming and replying back alsoā€¦ Of all the times for something shitty like thisā€¦ now isnt the best for me personally. BUT fuck it, right. its only moneyā€¦ life goes on, just gotta keep fighting the fight. :thumbup

Keep your head up fool.

I need an under the desk assistant to do exactly the opposite right now. :rofl

:rofl +rep

So when you installing motion detector, laser sighted, anti infantry turrets? :lol Sorry dude, so much BS for you lately. When ASS has another cook out for you, Im there.

I just want to make it to next month, get married, mid june go enjoy myself in Mexico and finally have nothing to fuckign deal with, and have me timeā€¦ something I havnt had in I dont know how long.

When I get back I will focus on hammering out all the bullshit in my life I am dealing with and start kicking some ass. Garage is going up. deadbolts are going on, cameras are going in, and warning sign ā€œhome owner is protected by Smith & Wessonā€ is getting posted on the mailbox.

I donā€™t think you understand how marriage works ^ :lol

thats what I hear. lol I gotta do more research I guess.

There is no such thing as ā€œmeā€ time once you get married.

Me time is now We time :tbu

Steph seems pretty cool, shes getting hitched to a car nutā€¦ she should know what shes in for

Sorry to hear Mike. Iā€™ll keep an eye out when Iā€™m riding around. Also, hereā€™s a thought. Your road is pretty much the main route to get to J-town. Iā€™d take a look around up there to see if any are for sale. Plus, try to get up to Royal Mtn. for the races. You never know, somebody could be up there riding it.

yeah i have some people up there watching out. thanks bro.

I am allways running around in the tow truck ill keep my eye out man can you send me a pic so I know exactly what i am looking for

Mike, you can insure ANYTHING. It doesnā€™t need to have a title or be registerable, thatā€™s only for the common auto/motorcycle insurance companies. But anything that you have what they call ā€œinsurable interestā€ in, can be insured. Insurable interest is essentially something that would make you lose out on something financially if it was destroyed, stolen, etcā€¦ Just for future reference. You may also be able to get an umbrella-type policy to cover just about anything you own.

I know none of this helps now, but at least your head is up about it and you understand itā€™s just money and there are more important things. Just worry about getting married and life after that.

Sucks bad man.

If you need a hand installing security cameras/dvr/whatever I have done it many times and would totally give you a hand.

I hate reading stories like this. I have been on your end of the deal a couple times and I feel for ya.

thx guys. After the wedding and all its time to step up the game and make sure everything is covered on my property. With the garage going up and all, I have a lot invested in the placeā€¦ if the scumbags look past the noose hanging from the tree out front, or the sign that reads ā€œowner has gunsā€ and still want to playā€¦ I will be better prepared.

BUMP>

Since that piece of shit SisterChuckerPumpkinFuckerRacehatch got caught with the stolen SI and he knew me, my house and I am sure saw the ads for my bikes for sale out frontā€¦ maybe that piece of shit knows about my bike getting robbed too.

Anyway you could arrange for some sort of interrogation?

I will call the JPD and see. good idea.