stolen items...

So i’ve never had my car broken into before.

A few items got stolen out of my tiburon. is there anyway to get a credit in some manner for what was stolen?

It’s called theft insurance.

Homeowners or renters insurance

A credit?

Auto will only cover items permanently attached to the vehicle, renters/home owners will cover everything else minus your deductible.

how much money worth of stuff are we talking here?

u would prolly need receipts and had to notify your insurance company of the valuables in your car…aka mods or add ons ???

Homeowners or renters as said covers what’s inside. Auto just covers any damage to the vehicle.

Found out this week statefram will cover GPS units. My coworker had his window smashed and GPS and other items stolen and was reinbursed since it was an item designed specificly to be used in a vehicle. Granted I asked if the same thing be applied to radar detectors and they said no.

I use to have an ipod hardwired to the vehicle, they said not to that.

they stole my amp and sub and a car battery. It was about $700 worth of equipement. they broke the lock on the trunk. I’m not sure if anything else was taken.

i thought you were donating the car?

Donate it to me

I am donating it. just haven’t dropped it off yet and this developed in the mean time.

I’d say you could probably go buy it at the next salvation army auction honestly.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

what ever it sells for will get matched by my work and donated back to them too which is cool.

i dont want to buy it… i want a cheap one…

is it auto?

wherfe do they hold auctions like that and can anyone buy them?

yea they’re public auctions. I’m not sure when they hold them. I’ll find out when i donate my car. I have to wait on the damn title though albany never sent me a new one when my parents signed it over to me…