Robbed -PART 2-

Okay, its venting time. If anyone has any help they can offer for how to deal with insurance and such, let me know, please.
On with the show…

Since the car got broken into I’ve made 2 insurance claims- one on the vehicle itself, and one on the possessions inside of the vehicle. The second claim was made on homeowners insurance because my auto insurance doesn’t cover the contents of the vehicle (common practice). I also turned down radio/electronics on my auto insurance because the maximum that they will reimburse is $250, same as my deductible.

So last week I spoke with the homeowners claims adjuster who had me make a list of everything in the vehicle, model numbers, and cost. No problem, I can furnish almost all of this because I keep a ton of records on that car.

After a week of not hearing from EITHER of them, I call the auto insurance first. Apparently douche bag adjuster scheduled two appointments and failed to appear at both, though it was stated that he went to one (but without numbers, uhhh no). My body guy is PISSED because he can’t move my car and get new work in while housing my non running vehicle in his garages. He’s not mad at me, but is furious with Allstate. I call Allstate Auto today and the rep at the center is surprised that this has happened since two appointments were made and neither are technically fulfilled. She puts me on hold for the better half of 10 minutes and then comes back to me saying that the adjuster will have consequences and that it will be seen tomorrow morning first thing. I told her no, it needs to be assessed today. She said she doesn’t want that agent assessing it so it’ll be tomorrow. Lovely. I’ll update with that answer.

Call #2 to Homeowners Insurance- I get my numbers, receipts, etc all ready. I do the whole recorded statement to truth just to have her evaluate my policy, read over it, and tell me JUST NOW that my homeowners doesn’t cover “any recording or play back device capable of using the mediums of cassets, discs, digital media, or motion pictures inside of an automobile, boat, or other land or amphibious vehicle.” IT TOOK A GOD DAMNED WEEK TO TELL ME THIS?!@!?!? FUCK! You wasted a half hour of my time that I left early from work, cellphone minutes, and insurmountable mental anguish. The tools are covered, but the value of them is less than my deductible.

I’ve said it once, say it again, INSURANCE IS BULLSHIT.

I swear…if they total my car…

thats sucks…g/l

Sucks to hear that. Just what you need after all that has happened. Hopefully things work out better with Allstate.

I love how we all pay thousands of dollars for insurance and we cant even get $150 or so worth back in stolen property or shit like that…

some asshole hit me ( my body, not my car) about 2 months ago and his insurance wasnt paying the ER bill… I got the bills and was told by the hospital and other people that my (auto) insurance will cover it and my rates will not go up and nothing will be held against me.

my insurance didnt want to cover the bills… I simply told them that I do not pay $90 a month for insurance for nothing and hung up, 2 days later I get a call saying they’ll cover it… lol

Haha, thats awesome! If they give me any crap about the car and want to total it I won’t be lying down and taking it in the face.

You’ve got to love insurance companies…

Pay pay pay, one accident, maybe you total the car, speeding ticket, whoa seeya later.

That’s how Erie was with me. You would think $125 a month would get some kinda customer service eh???

They’re all a joke.

Insurance companies are checking credit reports regularly now on current customers (not just new ones), too, so if your credit rating goes down, your insurance rates may go up.
Insurance companies will never lose money. They all suck.
Although they paid off the cost of everything when my basement got flooded from a hot water tank blow up, they then of course proceeded to raise my homeowner’s rates.