stolen wheels = car towed

It’s D.C., people park $200,000 cars on the street in Georgetown. :slight_smile:

no they wouldn’t lol

don’t those use bolts not studs?

the studs that are part of the lugnut, which thread into the hub ?

dude, at schmitts we got FUCKED on our customer satisfaction report the one time because some cunt called audi HQ and reamed us out because we damaged her 1/4 panel

the damage in question was already covered in RUST SCALE !

the customer satisfaction report is for NEW CARS that are UNDER WARRANTY, and pertains to SERVICE repairs, and we lost points because the body shop fixed her smashed door on her 1994 audi and she lied to HQ about how her 1/4 got fucked up.

and then we lost more points on the survey because audi ordered us to fix it, and the schmitts told her to go fuck herself

audi also forced the schmitts to buy an a4 avant for “roadside service” which came preloaded with overpriced tools. if the schmitts hadnt purchased the car audi would have stopped shipping us cars

dont tell me she couldnt have gotten loaner wheels / tires one way or another. i did 5 years time under their thumb

Sorry, not an audi car guy

but still, that woman was OLD and rich. Do you really expect her to go to the service dept. and ask for a spare set of steelies so that she can install them herself and move the car? :lol:

This is the neighbor’s fault for calling it in. Btw, how do you live across the street from someone and not know their car?

that neighbor probably felt like a dick after calling that in. I bet he was not expecting a news reporter to show up lol

that is unbelievable!

why would she have to install them herself ? have someone else do it maybe ?

Weird! I was just telling the BlackForest guys about how a similar thing happened to my bro about 15 years ago.
Strange same day coincidence.

…Holy fucking shit.

That is one stupid fucking tow truck driver.

Actually, I have never been inside of buffalo. Location is under my name and avatar.

Anyway, don’t know DC well. It is pretty rare to see a big money car parked on the street in NYC. Not that this model audi is all that and a bag of chips, but most would be in a garage.

And on another note, if the car was routinely parked on the street due to the setup in DC (assuming brownstones like NY metro with limited driveways), you’d think her next door neighbor would have recognized it?? Plus the police report was on her dashboard. Total cluster-F all the way around. Can you imagine the sound this thing made when they towed it to the yard?

no one else LOLed at the neighbors OBAMA hat?

What are you going to do? They said they ordered the parts.

if she would have walked into the dealers i worked at we would have jumped at the chance to help a customer out. between a few techs we could have rounded up a set to get it off the street and safely in storage. every dealer is required to have a chase car knucklehead, it started with the RS6 launch way back when, it’s nothing new.

if by “us” you mean you as in schmitts, it’s mind boggling that they ship you clowns cars in the first place. the dealership fails every single requirement to meet brand standard for both audi and vw not evening bring up the fact both brands are supposed to be under separate roofs as of before 00’ and your CSI is so far in the shitter it’s beyond comprehension. even techs, instructors at the training center and area reps all the way up in CT and MA are boggled why you still have a franchise. 25-30% of Holtz’s customer base SHOULD be your customers or used to be, and even more have been driven away from the audi brand altogether b/c of utter incompetence on your part. do yourself a favor and never mention that you are affiliated with schmitts again if you know what’s good for you.

yea, i know schmitts is a shithole, i also dont work there anymore.

i also know the avant was required for all dealers, but that doesnt make it any more of a good idea or effective for repairing cars on the side of the road. and do they really expect you to use the included tow bar to bring a car back to the shop ? there wasnt even room in it for a real jack! a much more effective option would have been a flat bed w/ a loaner car already loaded on it.

respond to call
drop off loaner
bring customer car back to shop

but no, the flatbed budget got spent on a pointless avant, leaving us to tow awd vehicals with a fucking boom style tow truck. that trashed just a few transfer cases in my 5 years there

and while were on it, the schmitts couldnt even treat their Hemi cars w/ respect. when the storaeg building fell in they removed the cars from the building, instead of removing the building from the cars … 2/3 of teh damage on them (not counting the caved roofs) was from dragging them out of the rubble w/ the tow truck

so yea, i know schmitts was / is a cluster fuck, i thought when feleski kicked the bucket the body shop would improve, but they just hired a bigger dipshit who ran it deeper into the ground