Stop Changing Your Oil

BMW is nuts with that shit, both of my parents own BMW’s and when they told me how often they take there cars in for oil changes all I could think was how is that even possible without future engine damage! Synthetic or not that is A LOT of miles.

I’ve done 8000-12,000 in my scion or the last 100k miles. Everything seems fine to me.

Plus, at least on the MINI. The oil filter was smaller than the one on my bike!

I hate the oil filter on my girlfriends saturn. It’s tucked up over the control arm and you need to get your arm at an awkward angle and its a pain to get leverage on it.

I remember changing the oil on a Saturn L200 and its a paper filter on top of the motor. Definitely confusing looking for a filter on that car.

fuck saturns.

Honestly it hasn’t been a bad car for her so far. It was dirt cheap to buy but we had to fix a few small things with it to get it 100% when she got it but parts were dirt cheap and she’s getting 30+ mpg compared to the 17 she was getting in her jeep and honestly for being a 97 econobox it’s not too bad to drive.

i dunno. i’ve never liked them, but i’ve never owned one either, so i guess i’ll just keep my mouth shut, though i do like the idea of plastic body panels. i guess at least one upside is they dont rot out that fast.

Oh dont get me wrong lol. Id never want to own it but for someone like my gf who just uses her car to go from a-b its perfect. Yeah the plastic panels keep them looking good on the outside but the frames can still rot out though, and to someone who doesn’t know what they’re looking at could get burned by a clean looking body with a rotted frame. Hers had the front subframe replaced just before she bought it for that reason haha.

Every 10k or so in the TDI for me. Truck is every whenever the light comes on, like 5k-6k, then I swing in for a free service

At work, we have an assortment of vehicles and they all get 12k oil changes. Most have well over 150k and some have nearly 300k and we’ve never had any engine failures. All were purchased brand new. None have ever had to be topped off between oil changes, either. We are talking 4cyl Ford Transits, Honda Accord (VTEC), Nissan Altima 3.5, GMC vans (5.3l), Ford E350 vans (5.4l), GMC Safari’s (4.3l) etc.

10k in my Tiguan that’s the factory interval. After my next care free maintenance oil change in 4k. Ill be doing it every 5k