Stopped by Redlines shop this morning....

$30k above sticker is quite a markup though. There cant possibly be that much in parts and labor.
Youre paying more for the special edition than the power and shit.

I just dont see it costing $30k to upgrade a Camaro.

Are you nuts??? A factory Z06 motor cost 14000 dollars! Then add cam, springs, headers, catback, intake, intake manifold, ccw wheels, tires, coil over suspension, graphics, labor, tuning, and all the other misc bullshit i forgot.

o yah and a WARRANTY! and between 525 and 700+ rwhp!!! 30k isnt alot when your playing with big boy toys!

Also since they are warranting the car, you need to put money aside for BS stuff that “could” happen and liability issues if a guys goes out and gets hurt in a car.

That HTR750 car which is in the $80’s, has a new everything from a forged motor to upgraded back half. These aren’t like Saleens mustangs where you get side skirts and maybe a baby Eaton blower and get wacked. I know that each car is custom to the customer and thats what those guys like. This whole concept took place before half of us where born in 1969 and the guys buying these cars can appreciate the dealership and performance shop joining forces. I was there a couple Saturdays ago and a guy and his wife flew in from Illinois just to see the car and meet everyone. Now the guy wants them to take the stock LS3 and put it into his 1969 matching Camaro!

Believe me there is a lot more to these builds then bolt ons! They did alot of homework to get the dry sump motor in the wet sump application.

That’s what I’m sayin

Tony just curious…do you know what exactly is covered with warranties on the RLMS packages with the Camaros?

Waaaattt… No pics???

ill take some this week when im back in the shop.

CCW wheels ftw.

Glad to hear Redline doing well in this garbage economy.

Let’s build your car to take on Howard in the TX Mile. Srs.

^ Not saying it wouldnt be cool, and competition is always good, but you better put out some collection cans b/c its pretty hard to compete w/ a millionaire!

Collection cans? I could build a Supra right now that would compete with anything that’s sitting at Redline right now, I’ve just got far more important things to do with my money than blow it all on cars.

when did i say you couldnt??? And as for having better things to do w/ your money, exactly, pretty much why i said its hard to compete w/ UNLIMITED FUNDS/ resources.

Obviously if all Howard wanted was bragging rights we ALL know he could build some 2000 hp monster that runs the TX mile 3 times a year and sits the rest, but obviously that is not his interest.

I’d love to see Howard build a GM product that could take down SW’s record. Personally, I don’t think it can be done on the Corvette platform, but records are made to be broken!!! The power potential is there, I just don’t think the aero package of the Supra can be matched by the Corvette.

Like i said above, i dont think that is really his mission. I think he has the potential for big things, as people all over the USA / magazines (monthly) / dealerships and big wigs at GM are noticing. He has found his nitch in the auto indusrty and is doing well. I think the TX mile thing is kind of more for fun and exposure for the shop, plus it would be kinda cool to actually use the 432ci and aps tt’s cranked up in the Z06. If we are making the trip to TX or even the miami mile event i will be sure to keep everyone posted b/c his car wont be the only one on the trailer!!! I know of a certain 700+rwhp (by then) ZR1 that will also be heading down.

PS- SW will be breaking his own record in that TT gallardo if i had to guess. The car was only like 1100awhp and has the potential for 1600’s!!!

Ok guys, dont make me bring the drag wagon to TX and show you how to shut down at the 1/4!! :rofl

I’m proud of Redline for getting this area some national exposure, that’s for sure. Gallardo is the only shot, I’d love to see an american car do it, but there is not much out there that can touch the power/aero of the Supra!

Tony, I keep forgetting to ask you-I’m assuming the ZR1 blower is doing better at boost levels raised past factory than originally thought/assumed?

??? Last week you were saing that the supra will never be beat, now atleast your coming around to my way of thinking and you NO the gallardo will soon be the record holder. As for an american car never going over 246, ill have to disagree here to, give it a little time…

I said the Gallardo is the only car that has a SHOT. I don’t think it will happen, but who knows!