Stopped by Redlines shop this morning....

yah, seems to be ok, Lingenfelters car is only upper/lower pullies (only 16lbs), new supercharger snout, and airfilter making 740/720. and just went 9’s @145

When Howard told me about the standing mile thing it was more of something to do then break records. The problem when building cars like his ZO6 is what do you do with it. That car is really a highway asalt car with that kind of power and really lives on the big end.

Just getting the opportunity to do 200+ MPH ligit would be cool in itself!

The LS9 motor was actually built for higher boost levels then the stock output. GM knew this engine was going to get pushed so the blower is still in its efficiency range at 18 psi. The ZR1’s biggest limiting factor is the heat exchanger. Howard did a car last month with a customer heat exchanger, bigger heat exchanger pump, some kind of mod to the intercooler cores in the intake manifold and 17 psi. The car made 825 on race gas. I remember him showing me the data log from before and after with the new heat exchanger and it dropped the inlet air temps down significantly which is the only way you can spin that TVS blower and keep it efficient.

Def a good thread so far.

How did I get roped into this? :lol

I dont see anyone touching SW’s record anytime soon. 246mph is insane. Anyone willing to take the nuts to go that fast is ballsy to say the least. SW wrote a letter to his wife if something were to happen to him before he went on that run in the TX mile. If something were to go bad at 200+mph it would go very badly, very fast. There are a few cars I see being able to beat that record, a TT GT, and the TT Gallardo are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. I absolutely love the C6 Z06, I think that car is going to have potential to go a long way in the performance world. Ranger is piloting that car, STOCK, with drag radials in the 10s!! Absolute insanity.

I have talked with Howard a couple times… you cannot discredit this man. He is living the dream. He is building performance packages for people interested in going fast. And it seems he is doing very well. More people need to realize how big this is. My hat is off to him.

I will be heading down in March to Tk2k10 in Texas. I’m not sure when the mile is, but it would be neat to see some other local folks down there.

fuck, i want to go with.

congrats to redline. next up is synapse!!

<<< did their website :wink:

Next up for what? What do you mean?

I was thinking about going to the Texas Mile… Next one is the end of March

next up for some publicity…

I’ve told Morgan a few times that he needs a SFWD car to really get the name out there and i’d be glad to do it!

If he were to do a car he wouldnt do SFWD he’d do Hot Rod, Syanpse Paul and I had talked with Morgan once about it and if it were to happen Paul would most likley drive the car, but its not gonna happen anytime soon since he got the TSX for a race car

Ah. Sure why not! I guess the worlds here for the taking! I know those guys at RLMS bust there asses many nights to midnight plus so they got what they put into it!

Its good for the whole area having both these guys in the area!:thumbup

the synapse guys are at the shop morning, noon and night. both shops deserve it

word, morgan and his crew work VERY hard.

agree, some time Morgan wont even go back to his apt, hes told me before that hes been there all night many of times

This is EXACTLY what the cap district needs. Who knows maybe in a few years red-line can host major shows or even events at the valley or something. That would be very sick.

^ this will happen THIS year!

Is he going to have alot of his customers come bring their cars to the event?