stopped terror attack

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_disturbance

Wow. That’s messed up. Glad he failed.

I couldn’t imagine the amount of adrenaline that would pass trough me if I was one of the passengers that “subdued” him. I’d prolly try to kill him with by bare hands.

Jack Bauer was probably behind this

Thank god he couldn’t make explosives worth shit.

All those airport security increased and still this guy manages to get a bomb strapped to his legs on a jet over detroit. It just sucks.

Maybe the explosives were fine, the detonator was non-existant.

Thats 2 in what, 3 months. Just sayin.

:frowning: but Obama is working to make eveyone love us again. wtf.

Again?

People back in the day knew not to mess with America because of what we would do to them if they did.

jeg, name one way that you can link obama to this?

pureXTC, do you really think that you can intimidate the world in to being afraid of the US?

Because that obviously works well against terrorists from multiple countries

Thus the back in the day part

I think that only applies to countries as a whole and not terrorist groups.

Wow the more we learn the more this whole thing looks bad.
:picard:

Since 9/11, looks like passengers on flights are not gonna put up with having some fggt trying to blow them up. :tup: to america fighting back.

So looks like PETN is the new explosive of choice for smuggling on a plane.

Pretty cool stuff when you start reading about it.

50 grams wrapped around a tree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZENvUVG6TE

The bomber apparently had 80 grams. The big problem is PETN is extremely stable and requires a pretty good fire before it will explode. So big :tup: to the people who jumped this guy before he could get his underwear bomb up to it’s ignition temperature.

250g vs washing machine:

Yeah, except the Americans sat on their fat asses while someone else saved them. The guy was Dutch or whatever.

Meh. You can talk big talk but until you’re sitting there watching a guy set a bomb in his lap on fire you can’t say for sure what you’d do. I generally keep my head in an emergency and like to think I’d be one of the people tackling him but know that in a real life or death emergency about 80% freeze, 15% panic, and that 5% who have trained heavlily for the emergency or been in enough emergency situations to know what to do react.

Poor guy. It was probably all a misunderstanding. Same thing happens to me when I drink milk or eat food that’s too cheesy. Couple noises then my underwear starts to smoke…

Ok, I should have rephrased that, :tup: to people who are willing to take control of a situation like that.