storm much?

well i missed most of it for one cause i parked it under a bridge but, my roof and front hood are pretty solid. I got cranked by some good ones getting to the bridge.

I feel sorry for the lady that decided to go full speed through the hail storm in the band new srt-8 lol

Looking at the pictures and what I saw in our lawn here at work it looks like there were two types of hail. One was that white stuff that was like a tightly packed snowball. The other was like what turbofreek posted that looked to have a much more solid consistency, like an ice cube.

The snowball like stuff seemed to just bounce off, probably because it was softer and ligther. The icecube like stuff probably did the damage.

In ILC’s case he got lucky and managed to hide in an underpass. Myself and my coworkers got lucky because it looks like we only got the snowball like hail.

The official advice from Progressive’s site:
http://www.progressive.com/vehicle-resources/hail-driving.aspx

not to sound like an ass, but i laughed when i saw a conversion van flying past me on main st in tonawanda when it started, cuz when i pulled under the overpass he had dents ALL over his van, me on the other hand…nadda

dry ice is all you need… ive done it before. works great and pretty simple.

good to know since i work down the street from you and havent seen my car yet.

I am at youngs/wherle and it wasn’t too bad, maybe a little bigger than BB sized for a few second, seems up north got the worst of it

My car made it in the ingram lot without any dents

Yea I was dying laughing at all the people going at least 70 through the underpass and back into the terrible weather. Their cars have to be FUCKED lol

I have a half dozen of really bad dimples. Fuck you mother nature, you cruel slut.

I think so. I work at Sheridan/Military and it was headed your way and apparently building up bigger ice balls on the way. :tup:

EDIT: Nope, I’m wrong:

wow…

seems like some had it bad.

its been sunny out here in west seneca all day.

lmao, the guy behind me got outa his pickup truck and looked at his bed full of golf ball size hail, i went over and we both looked at the guy in the van and started laughing, the guy in the van was looking at the damage shaking his head like “wow…ima dumbass…”

any good places to get vert tops replaced? after further inspection 3 holes in top largest the size of a quarter and about 10 decent sized dents. looks like the hood was beat on with a hammer.

vinyl or cloth top?

vinyl

Hail damage discussion going on in GA
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52312

ouch thats probably why, older vinyl tops get weather and have a habit of ripping/tearing very easy, my cloth top just took the hail and bounced them off, what kind of car is it for?

its a 91 miata… the top is a year old. sucks.

ouch that does suck. well i know my top goes for around 400 brand new, im sure you could try ebay for a replacement, don’t buy patch kits for the top tho, they never seal correctly and look bad imo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/0616081428a.jpg