street legal racing (game)

Yo some people heard of it, and those who played it really didnt like it in its stock form. But with some patches and mods, its a cool game.

And I made a site 3 years or so ago about modding this game (Street legal racing redline) and its became very popular.

SO if you dont know about it already, or tried it and gave up, maybe you want to check it out again.

Some info about the game:

Its developed by Invictus Games ltd. of hungary

It was published in north america and europe by Activision Value.

Invictus is a super small dev company consisting of 4 main guys at the time of this games development. The budget was about 70 thousand dollars. Basically nothing. Thats like goin pro racing with 5 g’s, just aint gonna happen.

The game is REALLY buggy, its coded in Java, but not traditional/official Java its a special custom “slr-java” (slr is street legal racing doh)

So that being said it takes a few good officially released patches (now compiled into one) to get the game running smoothly and correctly and minimal bugs.

Heres a video of why this game is so popular… what other game lets you do this…

(not my video but its good enough)

[youtube=425,350]cOr1-5xlgU4&[/youtube]

THe reason I bothered to make a site about it is because I was modding the game, and this game + mods = everything u want to do with/to a car but dont have the money to really do it. If your a modeler like me, you can model your own rims , engine parts, body kits etc and put them in game, and tune the performance etc, how sweet is that?? If not a modeler / scripter then at least you can download others work etc and mess with that in game its kinda cool :slight_smile:

some of my creations for the game,

Viper (i made two this is my latest and in progress one, model ripped from Juiced 2 …that game sucks but models are good)

(v12 edition)

Other kids for it
(juiced front bumper, custom sideskirts made by me)

http://street-legal-mods.com/datas/users/243-tintedheadlights.jpg

and My awesome Jeep :slight_smile: This thing has liek 6 body kits, comes in inline 4, V6, and V12 LPerformance from the dealerships , full rear audio setup with subs, amps, boxes, monitors (displaying my site ofc) and all the extras, and full interior that is removable and swapable, same with viper has interior swap options.

Ok well i dont have any screenshots anymore, but heres a video someone made of my jeep, but its not in stock form has a bunch of custom parts
heres a good example video of ripping a car down and building it up again
[youtube=425,350]kmVLAmOiRSA[/youtube]

hmm another video with my Jeep
[youtube=425,350]ai1c61m0o3U[/youtube]

thats all for now, if your interested in the game i’ll burn a cd for ya , no installing just drag and drop the folder to your pc hard drive and your ready to play/mod it etc etc

there is MAD tutorials on my site for modding

http://street-legal-mods.com/list.php?c=tutorials

Gallery of a crap load more pics of the game
http://street-legal-mods.com/plug.php?e=gallery

Link to download mods if u already have the game (and the patch)
http://street-legal-mods.com/list-downloads.gom

this video is of 2.3.1 with HDRI (high dynamic range imaging) and Shader 3.0 (new shader technology shown in the new games, with directX) and Motion Blur effects, custom made there was no comparisons for it so u just have to watch and see.

Youll see the difference right away for this…

[youtube=425,350]96glW5BdptQ[/youtube]

If your wondering, yea I have the full sources, game engine sources, and binary sources for this game and 2 other games developed by invictus, thats how shader 3.0/motion blur/HDRI snuck their way into the game.

We (me two russian mad programmers and some other programmers) have been developing a game like this, using these sources from scratch and hope to make a game that has the best of this one , garage tuning/building cars but more of a www.liveforspeed.net physics engine… we’ll see wat happens

Ok thats all !

this post is huge

Looks pretty sweet, I’d like to try it out. Can you host the ISO, it would be easier for me to dload it.

the viper’s tires are on backwards ;D

:rofl

That looks pretty sick actually. I’d like to give it a try. :nod

looks pretty sick!

only on the right side of the car LOL

I’ll burn the 2.2.1 (official latest version) of the game to cd as well as 2.3.0 le (our latest stable) to the cd so u can tyr out both, i’ll burn it to a few cds and give em out tonight

I had the game upload somewhere… forgot where

Reminds me of the days when I used to mod games. Looks kinda cool, gonna have to check it out.

It seems like a really fun game, plus Singh actually knows what he’s doing :thumb

HAHAHAHA i forgot all about this. i had a bootleg copy i bought in nyc. says SLR Redline on cover. works great tho!

i didnt go to the lot friday so i forgot to burn cds for sat so i’ll dothat when i get my motherboard back

and i dont know alot of stuf but when it comes to SLR i actually do know my stuff :slight_smile: i’ll post more picsof mywork later

The V12,V10 and V6 in the 2.3.0LE patch are all me and some rims too