Street Racing Bust: Will It Happen To Us?

your car isnt gonna pull much past peak hp/power when approaching top speed. after 4300rpms, i’m droppin power like flies!! 5000rpms, i’m down near 30whp. 5200, i’m down 50whp.
144mph is at 4500rpms. i seriously doubt my car will pull past 4500rpms in overdrive. i’m down too much power…how is a car suppose to continue pushing thru that aerodrag at 140+mph while its loosing power?? its way out of the powerband anymore…just over-revving. it just cant happen. an Ls1 wil make power to 5500 and with those 3.42’s can pull to 150+.

bone stock they tested this car to 148 with 3.27 gears. i wont pull over 145mph.

:itr41:

typically reply expected, go out and do a real world challenge

typically reply expected, go out and do a real world challenge

its all i have to base it on… i’m def down for a top end run…but where? and thats not too smart to be goin that fast…but i’m tellin you guys i can bet money on it that this car will not go 150mph, maybe not even 145

if ur car aint going over 5k something VERY wrong

i had my T/A a little past 150, i let up because i hit a big bridge expansion joint, plus all the wind from no Ttops, and down windows.

5.0s peak at 4800rpms and have buried speedos, takes long but will still go up there in rpms, so your Iroc can do the same. you put too much theory and not enough practicallity into things. this is why most engineers are idiots. not enough real world experience

my car can rev to 6000rpms easy, i accidently had first gear to 6K before cuz i thought it was in second. but that does me no good. technicaly my redline should be 5000rpms. there is no point in goin further it just slows you down. why is Swifts car goin slower now with 4.56 gears? your over the stock powerband rpm range. just overrevvin now… its not quite theory, its real life.

my peak power is only made by 4300-4500. its tuned port injection…not theory again. its been dyno proven. i realllly dont think revvin it over 4500 is helpin me if i’m goin on a top speed run. the car that hit 149 in that magazine test had 3.27 gears and they brought it up towards peak of 4500. didnt get any better goin higher. 87 mustang 5.0 did 148, just one mph shy of the L98 87 iroc. went thru the traps at 4200rpms with a peak rating of 4400. they tried 4th gear and had the motor to 5900rpms before it blew but it wouldnt have gone faster

i have been 130 in overdrive with 2.77s at around 3500ish rpms. probly would have done 150 easy.

if the car would keep pulling well past peak hp, then why doesnt the car top out at 180mph or so by 6500-7000rpms? the rolling resistance and aerodrag at speed keeps the car from accelerating anymore. you need power to fight it, and when its droppin off rapidly, i seriously doubt your gonna keep goin. it would defy all known physics

yeah i just ordered one for mine :jerkit:

honda doesnt make coupes in jdm land jackasses

that kids mom should have just swallowed that night :bigok:

thats good!!! if the dummys keep ketting cought, we will be safe…

:rofl:

thats mainly what it is…the ppl that dont know what they are doing that get involved with big groups in a populated spot like that and then all leave at the same time to go race…its so obvious.

car meetins for shows is one thing but you cant do it so often and race at the same time…cops catch on.

i had my TPI 5.7 over 150 with 3;73 & i shifted at 5500 racing it,it pulled tp 5500,so if urs aint THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG i tell ya!!

i resent that remark :eek3:

:madfawk: I understand what you’re trying to say though. :slight_smile:

Side note : there would be no widely available LS1 at the price that it’s at if the engineers didn’t design it.

This is why meeting up in public parking lots is not good. You set the shit up via phone, or our secret forums. Go to whatever location thats decided upon, get done what needs to be done. And leave.

i hit 149 in my gtp and let off… its a smooth ride all the way up till about 135

Gotta hate those moronic, six figure earning engineers…ROFL

i had my TPI 5.7 over 150 with 3;73 & i shifted at 5500 racing it,it pulled tp 5500,so if urs aint THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG i tell ya!!

damn… did you have a cam or anything? cuz some cammed TPI cars can make 5000-5500. and was that stock GM TPI stuff?

the only thing i can do is try it and see. but i’m not risking that. i been caught doin a easy 103 in a 65. doesnt take too long to get to 100 when u punch from 70. the only road i can test on i can only get to 110 before have to call it quits or else die. hahaha

i also want to go to the strip this weekend to get some new times. may try different shift points too.

dont be a dummy… bust on her tummy…