Street Racing is Legal...

…in Poland that is.

It’s a well hidden secret here in the States, but in Eastern Europe, Poland is a street racing Mecca. Concrete contests of speed are so prevalent in the land of the prior Pope and origin of the pirogi, that police in Lodz are conceding certain streets to rebellious racers. The goal is to concentrate racing to a speed limit-free zone, with hopes that racing-related accidents will plummet in other areas of town. Both police and the Lodz motor club will supervise the action on closed streets to ensure that complete lawlessness doesn’t commence.

It seems everybody wins thanks to this unorthodox solution, with dragsters getting a place to hang and innocent drivers and bystanders having a better chance of not becoming collateral damage, like what happened last week in Maryland. Such a compromise would never happen in the US, however, as police (and insurance companies) would sooner take your license than leave speed limits to the ego of the driver and power of the car.

awesome … now if only someone can convice the cdn govt to follow

Not our nickel and dimming bitch of a rat government.

Honestly, I think you could get more experience on a track then on the streets.

And I’d imagine that these supervised streets are simple 2-4 lane roads that go straight.

I’m a man that likes all of the above: hills, late/early apexes, straights, etc.

Unless the idea is to save money instead of paying to go to a real drag strip, I really don’t see the benefit.

Polands roads are messed up aha. Pot holes and bumps everywhere and some are so narrow they barely fit two cars. On some roads you have to pull to the side and slow down if you see an oncoming car just so your mirrors wont collide.

anyways… go Polska :smiley:

Lots of people are supporting bill
People have more animosity toward street racing then murder/stabbing/shooting/ raping and thief all put together
How do you explain the fact that everyone calls the cops on the hwy when people race of go over the speed limit but no one calls when people are getting shot in the streets?
That’s what I want to know.
So many murders happing downtown and no witness

That’s what I want to know

LOL that is sick…but the only reason its leagal is because I’am pretty sure the people who were getting booked and shit just ended up paying off the cop.

Totally agree guys. go Polska :slight_smile:

Imagine having non-populated areas of town with better roads blocked off just for street racers / track people few hours per week, an area across town just for burnouts, somewhere else for drifting, and autocross area far away from homes… You get scenery, very limited supervision and you’re not driving the same bagel shaped track over and over…

As is - Ontario “street racing” laws are just subjective and dumb and do not stop anything - they just unfairly weed out young people with sport compacts. Check out the people “racing” nowadays - just yesterday evening - two vans with older people shooting past me and each other on university avenue, some older lady in an SUV running red light, …

(sorry for longer read)
We need a better system :slight_smile:

Its legal because all of their Lada Signets and Trabants run 20-second 1/4mile

yeah i guess you are right those are all the cars that they have…
anyways here is a fast ass s4 wagon from poland

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a7e3c2ab-d565-4eb0-9162-193caf8885f2.htm
same video different angle
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5af93896-5bb7-448d-bbca-9c61a639c02b.htm

http://www.calskydesign.com/pl_strefa_dii/pl_graf/maluch_00.jpg

Don’t forget the fiats. Haha

well sic but gay for 2 reasons 1. i dont speek polish 2 me and my car wont be able to get to poland anytime soon haha but anyways that would be sic if we had shit like that here but would it not be easyer just to make some tracks that we can go to and not have to pay or somthing liek that so that we were really not on the streets lol meh

Polska Customz

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/bacc9777-b5d8-4844-b503-9880012b568b.htm

Hey guys you know I’m just playin’ nothing against the motherland. I’m Ukranian so I’m from around the hood…

The video looks cool and the production and film quality is there. But man all those stunts are from like 1999? And are those BMWs drifting or just trying to grip? I can’t tell. Either way its weak. Sorry, just not impressive at all.

That thing has a V8 in a Fiat go-Kart and only turns and 11.38? Wow I would expect deep 10s.

I love that you can youtube any car, and find a video of it spanking a more known sports car. Like that fiat or “maluch” as some might call it.

Yea…theres nothing really special about the video just I like the way they did it, also the bikes poppin it at those speeds looks sick to me. If you look at their other videos they have a couple of s13 and s14’s drifting at some competion with cops(lol) in the video…

Wow. If im still going to the motherland this summer im going to have to check this out =P and for those 126p’s i would love to get one and put a sr20 in it just for some random fun. Polska ftw

kuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrva…