A hard look at the `street racing' law

http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/32975

:R

Great article!

Kudos to the writer!

awsome article… well said also…

Wow read it and I am blown away by the article. I casnt agree more its just harrassement. Ive been tailed by cops non stop in my car. And its getting ridiculous.

Bookmarked

My favourite Quotes:

When ERASE ran out of applicable fines for the 0.12 per cent of trouble on the road, police started hanging out at the racetrack entrances to hassle and fine drivers who were taking it to the track. Yep, the program encouraging you to take it to the track was trying to bust you when you took it to the track.

AND… even more important

Similar laws are in place in Florida, and recently a judge there ruled in a case that the “street racing” charges made at the discretion of the officer were “unconstitutional.”

So it’s only a matter of time before our new visionless law gets scrapped.

Bookmarked

My favourite Quotes:

When ERASE ran out of applicable fines for the 0.12 per cent of trouble on the road, police started hanging out at the racetrack entrances to hassle and fine drivers who were taking it to the track. Yep, the program encouraging you to take it to the track was trying to bust you when you took it to the track.

AND… even more important

Similar laws are in place in Florida, and recently a judge there ruled in a case that the “street racing” charges made at the discretion of the officer were “unconstitutional.”

So it’s only a matter of time before our new visionless law gets scrapped.

If this really does get scrapped, I can’t wait

Very interesting article, just shows how slowly slowly our rights are being taken from us, i mean this is just one scenario involving cars.

Check out “The Amero”

I might just post a vid up just to see everyones response to it.

Excellent find !!!

doesnt matter what anyone says, the bills here to stay :mad:

im forwarding this to everyone i know and im hoping people here do the same thing. :slight_smile:

exactly why i posted it here and on SON :RO

origanly came across this article on a local kitchener forum

Thanks, great article!..sighs, another way for the government to get money. Just don’t drive stupid on the road.

what if i drive smart and they think im driving stupid … dose that mean i can fight it?

driving your RHD car on the left side of the road is only smart in JDM land rabbit

no i was thinking more like in maxtune . like i can have 780hp but im still going to put one or 2 more notches in suspension ,… even if its going to cost be that extra 20hp that would boost me to 800hp … cant be reckless.

next they’ll legislate top speed through gearing

guess were going back to 3 speed tranny’s eh?

sooo i guess there is no such thing as “pro-street” anymore

no more illegal street drif…oh my…